Covid and travel discussion

Couldn’t be doing with all this fucking about, it was bad enough going abroad before COVID

My take on it totally too. I always put up with the hell that is airports and all the shite that goes with them at best. But right now, faffing with tests here and there (at cost too) the worry of 'will we won't we be going' etc ... Just had two glorious weeks in Instow, North Devon with our dogs in a lovely cottage, (Always do at least a week somewhere similar every year anyhow) with zero tests or stress .... (M5 through Bristol area aside)

You may want to edit.

Nope, my post is correct. People keep getting themselves in a mixup between outbound and inbound testing.

For countries that require a test to enter having DEPARTED THE UK, they talk in HOURS eg 48/72 hours before departure for Portugal / Malta etc.

Inbound TO THE UK FROM ABROAD, the UK rules are based on DAYS. See the highlighted bit below as per my previous example. Verbatim from the government website.

C07E3D49-AC88-49FE-BDA2-BCC7AAEC9977.jpeg

Reactions: ell
EasyJet have somewhat unexpectedly cancelled our flights to and from Bilbao leaving on 22nd September. I'm not sure why that is as Spain is still open to UK tourists as things stand but could be a commercial decision I suppose and perhaps hardly anyone is booked on those flights. I'm not overly bothered and have applied for a refund but this trip was originally my 50th birthday trip booked for April last year and at this rate I'll be celebrating my 60th before I get to Bilbao!
What it does mean is that I can attend the Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott gig at Castlefield on 23rd September (assuming it goes ahead) and we've booked 4 days in Wales for a bargain £130 starting on September 27th. The dog will be chuffed - all these staycations mean it'll be his 3rd holiday in less than 5 months!
What's your dogs name Judith Chalmers?

On my honeymoon in Crete at the moment. Barely any Brits in our all inclusive hotel. It’s not very full either so a few bars are closed, but other that that it’s lovely. Loads of space round the pool. Most places to sit and have a meal or drink are outside - sunsets and scenery are unreal.
We’re both single jabbed so have to take the isolation on the chin when we get back. But both of us work from home so it’s no bother.

Summer is in full swing here on the Costa blanca. Bars, beaches and restaurants mobbed. I might even be able to afford to eat soon if it carries on like this! :-)

On my honeymoon in Crete at the moment. Barely any Brits in our all inclusive hotel. It’s not very full either so a few bars are closed, but other that that it’s lovely. Loads of space round the pool. Most places to sit and have a meal or drink are outside - sunsets and scenery are unreal.
We’re both single jabbed so have to take the isolation on the chin when we get back. But both of us work from home so it’s no bother.
How did the wedding go bud, remember you were stressing like fuck over it actually happening.

Edit...just seen the answer in the Covid thread...it's done now no turning back ;)

How did the wedding go bud, remember you were stressing like fuck over it actually happening.

Edit...just seen the answer in the Covid thread...it's done now no turning back ;)
Haha, thank you mate. Yeah it went really well. Didn’t even really think about COVID all day!

I’m absolutely shattered now!

No turning back for the missus either now - she’s stuck with me which is definitely the short straw! :’)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.