Covid and travel discussion

Unless you have family to cough up you are fucked.
UK govt will not help.
this could be a nightmare which many people dont consider, you would lose your flights so wold have to re book and pay for, if your car is in one of those Ringway car parks then there going to have your pants down, then 10/14 nights locked in a hotel room

this could be a nightmare which many people dont consider, you would lose your flights so wold have to re book and pay for, if your car is in one of those Ringway car parks then there going to have your pants down, then 10/14 nights locked in a hotel room

Agreed, but all part of the risks we take unfortunately. Definitely food for thought before you book a holiday in the current climate. You should always have back up funds really that you can access via internet banking.

Getting physical cash if needed though proves to be difficult. Not sure what it's like in less developed European countries for this, but probably worse and to top it off the smiling assassin behind the official counter would probably commit fraud on you given chance, in countries like Greece. All from my own experience of course.

what happens if you go to spain and for the return flight the test is positve and you have no money left

Would probably say it's not wise to travel anywhere whereby you have no money (savings, overdraft, credit cards etc) you can access should things go wrong, be that Covid or otherwise.

Some countries are covering the cost of the quarantine hotel stay should you test positive....not sure on Spain but Greece definitely are having just returned from Zante this weekend (not that I needed that service but I was aware of it)

Also if its booked through a reputable tour operator, I understand they will let you change your return flight home for free, subject to availability.

But it's all part of the risk travelling at the moment; some will see it as a risk worth taking, others as too big a chance to take. There is no right or wrong answer other than to be aware of the eventualities and make decisions you are comfortable with.

Would probably say it's not wise to travel anywhere whereby you have no money (savings, overdraft, credit cards etc) you can access should things go wrong, be that Covid or otherwise.

Some countries are covering the cost of the quarantine hotel stay should you test positive....not sure on Spain but Greece definitely are having just returned from Zante this weekend (not that I needed that service but I was aware of it)

Also if its booked through a reputable tour operator, I understand they will let you change your return flight home for free, subject to availability.

But it's all part of the risk travelling at the moment; some will see it as a risk worth taking, others as too big a chance to take. There is no right or wrong answer other than to be aware of the eventualities and make decisions you are comfortable with.
i believe spain are covering the hotel cost as well

We’ve got a postponed from 2020 winter holiday booked in Italy. We’re very much at the mercy of the hotel if we can postpone again. Currently it seems as though we can now enter Italy with vaccination passports and usual tests. The only problem seems that they require all passengers to have been double vaccinated including under 16s. Does anyone now if they’ll accept a tested but unvaccinated 15 year old?

We’ve got a postponed from 2020 winter holiday booked in Italy. We’re very much at the mercy of the hotel if we can postpone again. Currently it seems as though we can now enter Italy with vaccination passports and usual tests. The only problem seems that they require all passengers to have been double vaccinated including under 16s. Does anyone now if they’ll accept a tested but unvaccinated 15 year old?
They will need to quarantine for 5 days and be tested.

Seems that the government looks likely to scrap the current traffic light system from as early as 1st of October to one where a country is either red or not.

Seems that the government looks likely to scrap the current traffic light system from as early as 1st of October to one where a country is either red or not.

Seen a couple of articles suggesting this could happen.

The whole system is up for review before 1st October, so as far as I can tell they have 3 options; scrap it, modify it or keep it as it is.

Can't see them scrapping it but some kind of modification seems the most realistic outcome.

It would be so fucking typical of these charlatans to make it a simplified process from October onwards, when the general summer holiday season is essentially over.

I swear they get pleasure from the punishment they dish out to the travel industry; months and months of truly baffling (and secretive) decisions that have completely fucked us over and the road to recovery is going to take years and years.

I hear Co-op Travel are closing all but 40 branches from October to December and putting those staff on unpaid leave.
Furlough ending is a disaster for an industry that is unable to get back on its feet thanks to these knobbers in charge.

It would be so fucking typical of these charlatans to make it a simplified process from October onwards, when the general summer holiday season is essentially over.
Based on my experience, I'd say that the objective of the government was not to stop variants coming into the country, but to make it as hard as possible for people to travel abroad this year whilst still being able to say "Look, you can go if you want".

It cost us an extra £600 (another £400 for the next trip), meant we had to go to a clinic in Spain for a test, but I doubt that it made the country any safer. We were wearing masks about 50% of the time outdoors (and always indoors) and were probably in a much safer environment than those back home.

An utterly pointless system, and as several have said on here, if they were serious about this, they'd make people coming back from the South-West take a test.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.