Covid and travel discussion

24th October is the switch over day from day 2 PCR tests to the lateral flow ones.

The nation suddenly becomes endangered, apparently.
Does anyone know if you will have to pre order for a number for a return form into the country or are all these forms that need filling in been binned as well?

Does anyone know if you will have to pre order for a number for a return form into the country or are all these forms that need filling in been binned as well?
Yes, you still need a code to complete the UK Passenger Locator Form, the only thing that has changed is it can now be a LFT test rather than a PCR, everything else remains the same

Looks like the US has finally decided on November 8th to lift travel restrictions
for vaccinated passengers
i can finally visit after 18 montNS off on the 10th!

Lateral flow day 2 are on sale from the 22nd October via TUI from Chronomics at £15 a pop. Seems civilised enough.

Assume that's the price if you have a package holiday booking with TUI?
Website showing £23.50 as the price.

1634416251229.png

I've got about 100 boxes of these exact tests at work, even at £15/£20 a go it's still a huge scam.

Smoke and mirrors from the Gov once again, celebrating the 'downgrading' of day 2 tests from PCR to antigen whilst simultaneously having all our pants down yet again in the process.

Looks like the US has finally decided on November 8th to lift travel restrictions
for vaccinated passengers
i can finally visit after 18 montNS off on the 10th!
We’ve delayed a trip to our timeshare twice and recently confirmed a new visit for the end of March. Hopefully things will be settled by then… Just a car to sort out (if you need one don’t collect at the airport as the prices are scandalous)

Assume that's the price if you have a package holiday booking with TUI?
Website showing £23.50 as the price.

View attachment 28085

I've got about 100 boxes of these exact tests at work, even at £15/£20 a go it's still a huge scam.

Smoke and mirrors from the Gov once again, celebrating the 'downgrading' of day 2 tests from PCR to antigen whilst simultaneously having all our pants down yet again in the process.

If you've booked a TUI holiday then from the 22nd October the price to pay for a day 2 lateral flow test will be £15.00 which is for pennies. In an ideal world we wouldnt have to be testing on return but sadly at the moment we don't live in one, so in the greater scheme of things so i'ts a minor indescretion. Travel's back up and running with little limitation so lets rejoice and be happy.

Speaking of having our pants down then £15 is a whole lot less than charging £44 to be guaranteed to sit together on the aircraft or £75 to park my car at T2 for 12 days or sell me a pint of piss for £6 or a full English for £12 or even travel insurance for two old sausages @circa £225.

At the moment everyone is after scamming every one but I wouldn't risk prosecution for the paltry sum of £15 I guess we'll pay up as it's a criminal offence to provide false or deliberately misleading information when filling out your locator form.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.