Holidays abroad unlikely this year

Two Gun Bob

Life is a web spun of ghosts dreams and illusions.
Assume that's the price if you have a package holiday booking with TUI?
Website showing £23.50 as the price.

View attachment 28085

I've got about 100 boxes of these exact tests at work, even at £15/£20 a go it's still a huge scam.

Smoke and mirrors from the Gov once again, celebrating the 'downgrading' of day 2 tests from PCR to antigen whilst simultaneously having all our pants down yet again in the process.

If you've booked a TUI holiday then from the 22nd October the price to pay for a day 2 lateral flow test will be £15.00 which is for pennies. In an ideal world we wouldnt have to be testing on return but sadly at the moment we don't live in one, so in the greater scheme of things so i'ts a minor indescretion. Travel's back up and running with little limitation so lets rejoice and be happy.

Speaking of having our pants down then £15 is a whole lot less than charging £44 to be guaranteed to sit together on the aircraft or £75 to park my car at T2 for 12 days or sell me a pint of piss for £6 or a full English for £12 or even travel insurance for two old sausages @circa £225.

At the moment everyone is after scamming every one but I wouldn't risk prosecution for the paltry sum of £15 I guess we'll pay up as it's a criminal offence to provide false or deliberately misleading information when filling out your locator form.

Last edited:

Two Gun Bob

Life is a web spun of ghosts dreams and illusions.
off to Tenerife on 6/11,,so what exactly do i need to do as it stands today,tests apps to phone etc
We found this website very helpful in planning our trip covering most destinations and easy to assimilate with step by step guidance. For innocualtion proof we followed the advice from this thread by asking for hard copies off the goverment portal which arrived three days later.

Last edited:

marco

We found this website very helpful in planning our trip and covering most destinations and easy to assimilate with step by step guidance. For innocualtion proof we followed the advice from this thread by asking for hard copies off the goverment portal which came three days later.

most appreciated mate

marco

just to note if your thinking of booking a holiday and then taking out car hire at your destination car hire prices have gone through the roof,Just been quoted BA flights Man/Miami at £500 return 'which is pretty good' then add car cost is £1432 per person and its not just BA its across the travel industry, pre covid we hired in Tenerife 70 Euros with pluscar now the same number of days come in at over £400, the reasons are hire companys got rid of there stock at the start of covid and no longer have enough cars to now meet demand so basically there charging what they want

Mancitydoogle

just to note if your thinking of booking a holiday and then taking out car hire at your destination car hire prices have gone through the roof,Just been quoted BA flights Man/Miami at £500 return 'which is pretty good' then add car cost is £1432 per person and its not just BA its across the travel industry, pre covid we hired in Tenerife 70 Euros with pluscar now the same number of days come in at over £400, the reasons are hire companys got rid of there stock at the start of covid and no longer have enough cars to now meet demand so basically there charging what they want
I noticed that too, although if you use a comparison site the differences are vast

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.