Holidays abroad unlikely this year

hampshireblue

Got a week off work coming up, thinking of a week in Gran Canaria. If I've read it right fully vaccinated people only need to book a day 2 test on return to the UK, is that correct? I'm getting desperate for a bit of sun!
if you want sun, go to Cyprus. 29c today.

hampshireblue

I did look at Cyprus but based on the dates I have off work flights were coming back at 5x the price (£33 return vs £160 return). Trying my best to keep it cheap and cheerful and 29c would probably be too much for me haha
£33 sounds like Ryanair so nothing cheerful there.

unicorn

I just can't get the enthusiasm to travel overseas while there's tests, restrictions and a risk of being locked down.

Mrs Unicorn wants to take the risk as she's desperate to get up to the 100 countries visited mark. Up to 2019 we'd go abroad 3 or 4 times a year, often book a £20 flight and get a room other side. Even before Covid the travel had become a lot more of a faff.

Tonster

Off to Majorca tomorrow with the kids for half term (after Brighton today) couple of forms (I’ve set up an account with gov.uk so half of its complete each time by default) and a day two test each. Simple enough

hampshireblue

Off to Majorca tomorrow with the kids for half term (after Brighton today) couple of forms (I’ve set up an account with gov.uk so half of its complete each time by default) and a day two test each. Simple enough
Just for info we used Collinson for the day 2 tests. Did the tests Thursday morning and posted off, negative results back Friday evening. £55 each using a British Airways code that you can use even if you don't fly with them. I will use them again for sure.

Tonster

Just for info we used Collinson for the day 2 tests. Did the tests Thursday morning and posted off, negative results back Friday evening. £55 each using a British Airways code that you can use even if you don't fly with them. I will use them again for sure.
We’ve used chronomics this summer £22.40 with a code or £28 without. They were decent enough

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.