Covid and travel discussion

got back from Budapest yesterday, at no point traveling there Thursday night was I asked to show my negative PCR test I paid £54 for
I looked on same site I booked fit to fly PCR how much the day 2 and day 8 return test was and it was £80, booked it in Budapest day after new plans had been announced and they’ve put the price up to £126
Fucking robbing twats mate. It was obvious these PCR testing costs were going to go up. Why the hell we can't use the NHS testing sites and pay, say, £20-£30 with all funds going to the NHS is beyond me

Just booked my day 2 test for our holiday at Christmas, using biograd at the airport £19.99. Results within 24 hours. Seems more than reasonable, they've said I can get a full refund if I need to cancel too.

got back from Budapest yesterday, at no point traveling there Thursday night was I asked to show my negative PCR test I paid £54 for
I looked on same site I booked fit to fly PCR how much the day 2 and day 8 return test was and it was £80, booked it in Budapest day after new plans had been announced and they’ve put the price up to £126
As Rees-Mogg said right at the start of this pandemic - 'there will be opportunities to make a lot of money'
Usually his and Boris's pals from Eton

Sturgeon can fuck off. Going to the states on the 15th, first holiday I’ve booked for 2 years because of all this bollocks. Can see it being canned unfortunately. Had my jabs yet still can’t go on holiday, they’re going to keep filling us with boosters for years.

Sturgeon can fuck off. Going to the states on the 15th, first holiday I’ve booked for 2 years because of all this bollocks. Can see it being canned unfortunately. Had my jabs yet still can’t go on holiday, they’re going to keep filling us with boosters for years.
Still makes me laugh. Her nickname of Seaweed!!
Even the tide wouldn’t take her out

Fucking robbing twats mate. It was obvious these PCR testing costs were going to go up. Why the hell we can't use the NHS testing sites and pay, say, £20-£30 with all funds going to the NHS is beyond me

Because that would line the pockets of the NHS.
And not line the pockets of the Government charlatans and their dodgy contracts and friends.

The shitshow continues.

Just booked my day 2 test for our holiday at Christmas, using biograd at the airport £19.99. Results within 24 hours. Seems more than reasonable, they've said I can get a full refund if I need to cancel too.
Nice one. Just booked ours too !!! Lanzarote here we come !!!
hopefully

Hard not to be cynical around the current pcr test for travel. I am tested weekly using the NHS pcr kits, but if I travel back from another country I cannot use the same test kit, but have to pay for an identical pcr kit.

Yes you can. There's an excellent article in The Independent that explains things very clearly with no ambiguity. One of the points being yours about when you can take the test on arrival:

I thought I had to take the test on day two:

That is a widely held but mistaken view. You can take the test any time from immediately after arrival in the UK to the end of the second full day after arrival.

There will be a strong incentive to have the test at the airport. While PCR tests take much longer to analyse than the lateral flow variety, some airport testing centres can process the results in less than three hours, allowing travellers to leave self-isolation soon after arrival in the UK.

Full article with further info that may be of use here:

Can't read this (paywall), but is the jist the test can be done at the airport, with a booking I presume, and you can go to your hotel/house and wait for what seems a speedy result?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.