Covid and travel discussion

Unless you are mandated to have it because of your job I'm not sure why anyone would have the app on their phone.

My girlfriend got pinged last month a week after the contact, which would have only been on the bus to and from work or when she picked up lunch. I didn't know the rules had changed re double jabs, so I told her to delete the app off her phone and ignore it.

She didn't need anymore time off work sick (already had some days off because of post vaccine sickness) and it would spoil the rest of our weekend.

I'm not an antivaxxer or denier and have worn the mask even when not obligated to but there is no point in this silly pinging bollocks.
Over 90% of people have deleted it and hardly anyone checks in anywhere. It's a relic from many months ago.

You don't have the app to be pinged if you have been away as they have all your details from the passenger locator form. Exactly the same happened to me at the end of October, also a Benidorm flight. I've never had the app

Okay got it. Which seems to mean it's most likely to control spread of variants not covid in general.

Texted through the app or phone?

As far as I am aware they can't extract your identity through the app as it was always designed to be privacy focused.
We don't have the app so they texted by phone to isolate, then followed through with a telephone call to release us back into the wild as we've had the Pfizer treble. They further advised not to get a PCR test as we've been infected within the last ninety days.

Last edited:
Unless you are mandated to have it because of your job I'm not sure why anyone would have the app on their phone.

My girlfriend got pinged last month a week after the contact, which would have only been on the bus to and from work or when she picked up lunch. I didn't know the rules had changed re double jabs, so I told her to delete the app off her phone and ignore it.

She didn't need anymore time off work sick (already had some days off because of post vaccine sickness) and it would spoil the rest of our weekend.

I'm not an antivaxxer or denier and have worn the mask even when not obligated to but there is no point in this silly pinging bollocks.
It comes from your locator form on entry to the U.K., I don’t have the app.it was just a text message and email.

Well I’m shocked that people who’ve been to Benidorm have been pinged. I mean, a huge fiesta with nobody bothering the fuck to follow the rules, what could go wrong..

Fuckers, get jabbed they said and free to go anywhere. Three jabs and now three fucking tests, cheers.
Alright as long as you can afford it. It’s those going to Tenerife on all inclusive they are looking to stop. The masses. Executives free to go to far flung destinations

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.