Covid and travel discussion

Anyone know what test is acceptable 48 hrs prior to travelling back from Lanzarote eg can I take a test with me or do I have to get a test locally?

Cheers Blues.

We should be in Tenerife now but the new regulations changed our minds, some of our party have gone and hopefully will have a brilliant time, but my missus works for the NHS and couldnt risk being pinged and have to isolate for 10 days even though she is triple jabbed

A week ago, you needed a lateral flow test at day 2. They then changed it to a PCR test, so any LFT you’d bought was out the window. Now they’ve added in the pre departure test. 3 tests at over £100 per person. Meanwhile a million free tests are being done every day in the UK. Just make everyone have a test on arrival at the airport. Getting through customs takes so long these days they could have everyone’s results by passport control.
First government in history to make people pay for public health measures, which is why they lurch from one self inflicted crisis to another.
Can’t imagine having the same rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated is the ideal way to get more people coming forward...
Yes, in those circumstances it’s 3 tests paid for but present rules state it’s 2 tests needed.
I don’t disagree with some of the other stuff - I’ve long been advocating letting holidaymakers use NHS testing sites and pay £20 per person for a PCR with all monies going to the NHS. That would undercut the private companies hugely and it would make it less prohibitive for many. That said, before Omicron hit you only needed a LFT upon return and they were even cheaper than £20 with many firms. And it has to be said most other countries are charging for tests to travel too - as far as I can see, no holidaymakers are getting free Covid tests anywhere in the world.
As for the last bit, if we’re at a stage this far into things that we should still be bending over backwards to pander to those who haven’t had the jab insofar as applying the same rules to them as the vaccinated then where’s the incentive for the anti-vaxxers to have it?

if me and my familly do end up going to LOS,Thailand at the end of january
its looking very unlikely now !
currently we will have to have 4 pcr tests
one leaving ,one entering thailand and the same coming back.

my mrs and son wont have seen their Thai familly for 6 years in March 2022,everything was cancelled cos of fucking covid in march 2020.

looks like it will be 2023 at this rate,if we are incredibly lucky

It's a pain, I thought we were going to live with this now.

We should be in Tenerife now but the new regulations changed our minds, some of our party have gone and hopefully will have a brilliant time, but my missus works for the NHS and couldnt risk being pinged and have to isolate for 10 days even though she is triple jabbed
yeh,,we got pinged after coming off the plane from Teneriffe 2 weeks back,i asume the whole plane was pinged as we were at the back and someone we know was at the front who was also pinged,didnt have to isolate as we had been jabbed,is that not how it works now?,,sorry you lost your hols mate you would have had a good time out there. it was nice seeing people partying after so long

Yes, in those circumstances it’s 3 tests paid for but present rules state it’s 2 tests needed.
I don’t disagree with some of the other stuff - I’ve long been advocating letting holidaymakers use NHS testing sites and pay £20 per person for a PCR with all monies going to the NHS. That would undercut the private companies hugely and it would make it less prohibitive for many. That said, before Omicron hit you only needed a LFT upon return and they were even cheaper than £20 with many firms. And it has to be said most other countries are charging for tests to travel too - as far as I can see, no holidaymakers are getting free Covid tests anywhere in the world.
As for the last bit, if we’re at a stage this far into things that we should still be bending over backwards to pander to those who haven’t had the jab insofar as applying the same rules to them as the unvaccinated then where’s the incentive for the anti-vaxxers to have it?

The last bit is correct, the jabbed are incurring the same costs and restrictions as the unjabbed. Spain are different they won't let you in unless double jabbed at the moment

What I don’t understand is, this variant is now here and spreading so stricter travel rules won’t help and cause great inconvenience. The rules that slow the spread and cause no inconvenience like masks in crowds and all indoor settings when moving around, like vaccine passports we aren’t bothering with. Makes no sense to me.

Me and my mrs both work for the nhs and we have had all 3
we both had to stay away from our workplace 3 weeks ago when our son tested positive,our trust wont allow us to go to work in them circumstances,i then caught it from my son and have been off 2 weeks with it now,my mrs had to stay off work again because i have it !
First time we have had to stay off ,and my mrs was on ITU for 15 months !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.