Covid and travel discussion

Thousands can riot in Bristol and London but you cannot pop over to Spain ...We are now have a 99.99% of not dying from the virus.
What pisses me off more is the way Sturgeon and Drakeford can stop us travelling within the UK.

Creamfields, ParkLife etc are all going ahead which will mean tens of thousands of people traveling here from abroad. So that is acceptable?

there are 14 amendments to the mandating of overseas travel, or banning of it if you will, including usual stuff such as being airline crew, various jobs, medical, funerals etc etc

the final and last amendment is " Property, including visiting estate agents, viewing places to buy or to rent or to “visit a residential property to undertake any activities required for the rental or sale of that property” "

this is dubbed the Stanley Johnson loophole as it was alleged Boris' father had run off to Greece to get some sun, while he claimed he was making his home over there 'covid proof'

whatever the truth of the above, i wonder how many people will be 'viewing property' in Greece or Spain this summer, or 'doing up' existing houses for 4 months?
I've always been of the opinion that for any given law to be effective you need at least one of the following to be true:

1. Very high chances of being caught, or
2. Very strong punishments if caught.

Providing you have 1 or 2 (or both), many people will be put off from doing it. The £5,000 threat will deter many, which presumably is the desired effect.

I'd also say that "the law is an ass" is, as a line, overplayed. I've know a few magistrates over the years and most of them would have no hesitation in saying (in terms) "you're taking the piss mate, here's a £5,000 fine".

We should be going to Ireland in July and Alicante in October, i think Ireland will be cancelled but hoping we can go to Alicante. We have booked Whitley Bay in July as a back up to Ireland.
Whitley Bay and that Newcastle coast is one of those undiscovered bits of England people laugh about when I recommend it for a stay. Seaton Sluice is stunning, sand dunes and amusements in South Shields for children, fantastic micropubs in Whitley. Love it.

I have my opinions pal on a lot of what has gone on. Id rather chat in private tho
Why should you , you have an opinion so you should be allowed to say it. To many jumping on you because your opinion doesn't match theirs. The rules are changing every day and its getting to a point where people are going to rebel. My wife's business has gone up the swan, because I moved from Spain and just started a new business I ain't had any help. I have properties in Spain that will need work doing on them. I am fucking sick of twats saying " you are a twat if you go abroad we need to protect ourselves. "
If you have an opinion that goes against the Government/media you are classed as a nut who think there's a conspiracy against us. . I know from my friends in Spain they are living quite a normal life atm. We are being bullied into a police state.

Why should you , you have an opinion so you should be allowed to say it. To many jumping on you because your opinion doesn't match theirs. The rules are changing every day and its getting to a point where people are going to rebel. My wife's business has gone up the swan, because I moved from Spain and just started a new business I ain't had any help. I have properties in Spain that will need work doing on them. I am fucking sick of twats saying " you are a twat if you go abroad we need to protect ourselves. "
If you have an opinion that goes against the Government/media you are classed as a nut who think there's a conspiracy against us. . I know from my friends in Spain they are living quite a normal life atm. We are being bullied into a police state.
People should feel free to challenge anyone's opinion but respect their right to state that opinion.

Reactions: mac

Correct. You are jumped on from a great height and mocked for being a tinfoil hat nutter. There is no denying there is a virus, many on here have had it including my sister and her husband but I myself am becoming concerned at the many laws being pushed through on the back of it that are criminalising almost all normal behaviour.

We keep on being told that once AB and C have been done things will ease but then they keep backtracking. The latest is the vaccine miracle. This is then undermined by all these new variants apparently popping up that some experts say shouldn't impact us and others say will. Since the start of the pandemic there have been people who've called all this before it happened almost to the letter and it does make you think.

As for other countries living a much more normal life without everyone dying this is true. I have lots of friends who live in Tenerife, a few run businesses. Bars are open, gyms, restaurants. You can go to the beach and travel around. There are restrictions, various curfews now and then and mask wearing but a much fuller life is being lived there than here. The places still shut are the ones that rely on tourists. Most other things are open. Their vaccine programme is miles behind us too.

Lastly people need to be kind. A lot are on the edge mentally and you can see this by the odd rant and tone of some posts. I've had my moments too. People should question some actions of the government if they feel the need without being bullied into silence.

Managed to get abroad 5 times last year, hoping I can get away atleast 1 this year!

I managed 7, including a long haul before shit really hit the fan.

If things lined up don't get cancelled (majority is August onwards so a chance) then I'll hit a similar number for this year.

But in reality I'll be content enough with 3 or 4.

My 2022 travel calendar is already almost full so I don't have much scope to push things back.

I went away 9 times last year

We usually try to get abroad 12 times a year / once a month. Lucky to do 9-10 this year.
Well I managed to pop into another country on average in the last 12 months about 168 times maybe more, it was that many I genuinely lost count.

I think people are correct to question the government. Restrictions have gone on far longer than any of us ever imagined was possible. Having said that, I think the lockdown since Christmas has been the correct course of action as we had to get the number of hospital cases right down.

When all over 50s have had their second jab, I believe that is the time to question the government if they continue to push the dates for the easing of restrictions back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.