Covid and travel discussion

North Ionian sailing from Paxos and hopefully including Parga,our favourite place.
First time bud,were meant to be having lessons but some dope in China eating bat put the brakes on it.
Was really looking forward to it,have you done a few?
haha yes i know how you feel

Yes weve been about 6 times North and South Ionian, Saronic and Sporades. Parga and Paxos are lovely. Im also going on a lads sailing trip to the north Ionian planned for late Sep, postponed from early may. SH are a really good company. you will have a great time whenever you go. Personally covid wise Im most concerned about the airport and planes, but once out there you have your own boat and so can stay well clear of crowded places in the evening if you want and all restaurants are basically out in the open as you know.

We won't even consider anything until we both have both our jabs. Looking like early July may work, but then we won't go for less than 3 weeks in case the rules change whilst we're away and we have to isolate on return. it happene dto us in the Autumn and we extended from a fortnight to 6 weeks in Cyprus, but then had to isolate for 2 weeks on our return.

Hopefully, the skies over the UK will open up for vaccinated travelers very soon.

Others may well have to jump through hoops, like negative tests and self-isolation upon return, etc.

By summer (June-Aug), I’m hoping things will be getting back to some level of normalcy, with only hot spots, like India, on any restricted lists.

Last edited:
When I came back from Turkey the cost of the test over there was equivalent of £25
That's affordable with a further test upon return at £60 but it still puts a £170 load on top of the holiday for a couple or £340 for a family of four. I like Turkey but the traveling is dire with gash flight options from the big two tour operators and getting into resort ten and a half hours after leaving home is not to be taken lightly. The next time I travel there we shall be using taxi transfers and paying for an extra days digs to accommodate the night flights back.

We won't even consider anything until we both have both our jabs. Looking like early July may work, but then we won't go for less than 3 weeks in case the rules change whilst we're away and we have to isolate on return. it happene dto us in the Autumn and we extended from a fortnight to 6 weeks in Cyprus, but then had to isolate for 2 weeks on our return.
2 jabs until I look at taking a break anywhere..

we have a family place halfway between Barcelona and Valencia - which would be our normal holiday destination in August flying Manchester to Reus. I'm considering getting the Plymouth-Santander ferry and driving at either end this year to avoid any airport shenanigans!

Looks like my 4 timed booked cycling trip to Majorca might actually might be on now for late July, probably going to have to get out early doors on long rides for fear of heat exhaustion but that just offers more time in the afternoon for liquid refuelling. I get my second AZ Jab in 3/4 weeks so will be good to go.

I do wonder if the government are bringing this in to boost vaccine uptake in the younger age groups.

That's affordable with a further test upon return at £60 but it still puts a £170 load on top of the holiday for a couple or £340 for a family of four. I like Turkey but the traveling is dire with gash flight options from the big two tour operators and getting into resort ten and a half hours after leaving home is not to be taken lightly. The next time I travel there we shall be using taxi transfers and paying for an extra days digs to accommodate the night flights back.
Yes private transfers much better & quicker
If you don't mind a hour and half stopover in Istanbul Pegasus or Turkish airlines have pretty good fight times
Stopping over in Munich can get a good flight with Luthansa
Also if you rent an apartment or villa,you don't get kicked out at daft o'clock
Loads of good deals if you book acomadation & flights seperate

What’s the deal with kids? My mrs has had her second jab due to working for the NHS and I am due my second on 17th May, also work related. My daughter will be 5 in the summer and we have a holiday booked for 2nd August, will she be able to go? Are children “excluded” from the vaccinated travelers stuff?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.