Covid and travel discussion

Do the ladies of the night still flash their bits at you on the roundabout as you're driving out of Reus airport.
Was this before or after they built the new terminal and access roads and moved the old fighter jet from the entrance?

Starting from the 15 th turkey is dropping the requirement of a pcr test from visitors of the uk & other so called safe countries

Was this before or after they built the new terminal and access roads and moved the old fighter jet from the entrance?
It was after the new terminal was built. A golden opportunity for the local girls....sat on white plastic chairs in the heat and dust dealing with sweaty wagon drivers, a quick 5 minutes in an olive grove then back to the chair..lovely.

I have refundable hotels booked in France and Belgium, Wales too, for August. The Eurotunnel is not refundable but I am optimistic we will get there.

I'm hoping for weekend in Amsterdam October..eu vaccination picking up pace

The government are quite prepared to let the travel industry collapse , after all then everyone will spend their money here .
This is the biggest load of bull though as the travel companies affected are uk based and employ British workers.
Tour reps work from the uk are sent abroad.
The net effect will be that holidays abroad will cost more and be out of reach of the poorest most in need of a break.
these people won’t be going on expensive “staycations” either

The government are quite prepared to let the travel industry collapse , after all then everyone will spend their money here .

Just to give people an idea of the rug being pulled from under us.

From 1st May, because we are classed as retail (I work for a high street agency with 15 branches), we won't be eligible for any further grants from the Gov/local councils. That support has been cut off because retail is now 'open'.

So despite the product we sell currently being illegal, and the demand for leisure travel from 17th May effectively non-existent, we can't now claim business support grants.

The powers that be have literally no fucking idea of how travel works, the intricacies involved and the crisis facing the industry.

Probably a crass comparison but imagine a pub trying to operate under the conditions of the sale of alcohol being illegal and having to scrape by selling bags of crisps, to then be told that from tomorrow there is no further support and you're on your own, despite there likely to be zero demand for pubs all summer and beyond.
(and this being on the back of the pub previously having to refund all its profits from the last 12 months)

Shake my head.

Just to give people an idea of the rug being pulled from under us.

From 1st May, because we are classed as retail (I work for a high street agency with 15 branches), we won't be eligible for any further grants from the Gov/local councils. That support has been cut off because retail is now 'open'.

So despite the product we sell currently being illegal, and the demand for leisure travel from 17th May effectively non-existent, we can't now claim business support grants.

The powers that be have literally no fucking idea of how travel works, the intricacies involved and the crisis facing the industry.

Probably a crass comparison but imagine a pub trying to operate under the conditions of the sale of alcohol being illegal and having to scrape by selling bags of crisps, to then be told that from tomorrow there is no further support and you're on your own, despite there likely to be zero demand for pubs all summer and beyond.
(and this being on the back of the pub previously having to refund all its profits from the last 12 months)

Shake my head.
We have callous fools in charge , baffles me how people think that because they’re good talkers (liars), that they’re educated & know better .

Do the ladies of the night still flash their bits at you on the roundabout as you're driving out of Reus airport.
Yes remember that well when we got the bus from the airport to Salou,must have stayed at 10 different hotels in Salou when we went on regular trips about 12 years ago,always fly to Alicante now and stay at Santa Pola.

Telegraph reporting there will only be 5 countries on the green traffic light list.
Gibraltar, Israel, Iceland, Malta and USA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.