Covid and travel discussion

It really does beg the question then what's the point of the vaccine?
First it was flatten the curve. We did that
Then it was stay inside over Xmas. We did that
3 lockdowns. We did that

What more do they want us to do?
Does it really though? Are you saying that by that logic the idea behind vaccinating people is just to allow them to go on holiday?

It's always been touted as ''early May''.

I know something did the rounds recently (some MPs were pushing for it?) saying about missing a deadline on May 1st but the Government have always claimed this rather vague 'early May' stance.

Wouldn't surprised me if the next international travel announcement is as wishy-washy as all the previous ones.
In actual fact a report last week by the Commons' Transport Select Committee said the lists of destinations should be published by Saturday 1 May "at the latest", although this has not happened.

The Department for Transport (DfT) said the lists will be made public in "early May".

In actual fact a report last week by the Commons' Transport Select Committee said the lists of destinations should be published by Saturday 1 May "at the latest", although this has not happened.

The Department for Transport (DfT) said the lists will be made public in "early May".

Should be published by 1st May, not will be published.
They, and many others like me, wanted it as early as possible but didn't get it.

It's always been working towards this rather vague 'early May', which could be the 1st, the 5th, the 10th etc

This latest offer appears reasonable from TUI.

The UK's largest holiday company TUI said it's Covid testing package - made up of a lateral flow test and PCR will be available to holiday makers for just £20. For amber countries it will be £50. Tui has partnered with Norwich-based testing firm Chronomics to offer the packages.

Not at all keen on Gib and not a big fan of Malta either although the people are tip top, so that could just leave a few long haul destinations were affordability is the stumbling block. Maybe Portugal can scrape to green at the last minute and that would be nice.

What will be interesting to know is that if you fail the test before coming home will TUI pay for your isolation and return travel. Also will they be including their free Covid cover again.

Last edited:
The fact this thread has had no comment since the announcement yesterday tells you everything you need to know about the announcement. No real change. Portugal and Malta and no where else that you would or could go.
Earliest for next batch is start of June.
Rumours (that have been right so far) is that end of June before usual European hot spots are green. 8 weeks’ to save your business all the travel companies.
Those people running hotels, restaurants, bars, boats, cleaners, cooks, waiters, guides are who I feel most for. Their livelihood depends on it and they have often had zero support from their governments.

The fact this thread has had no comment since the announcement yesterday tells you everything you need to know about the announcement. No real change. Portugal and Malta and no where else that you would or could go.
Earliest for next batch is start of June.
Rumours (that have been right so far) is that end of June before usual European hot spots are green. 8 weeks’ to save your business all the travel companies.
Those people running hotels, restaurants, bars, boats, cleaners, cooks, waiters, guides are who I feel most for. Their livelihood depends on it and they have often had zero support from their governments.
I’ll bite.
Malta is not on the green list and you are not currently allowed into Portugal unless it is essential travel.
The only country on the green list that you can currently visit as a tourist freely, but you must quarantine for 14 days once there, are the Ascension Islands. And you can only get there by sea.

I’ll bite.
Malta is not on the green list and you are not currently allowed into Portugal unless it is essential travel.
The only country on the green list that you can currently visit as a tourist freely, but you must quarantine for 14 days once there, are the Ascension Islands. And you can only get there by sea.
Malta I got wrong was rumoured but wasn’t on.
Portugal will allow people in come 17th may guaranteed their tourism minister was interviewed and said as such.

I’ll bite.
Portugal will let you in from the 17 th

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.