Covid and travel discussion

So are you saying that anyone who goes to an amber country will have no travel insurance at all?
If the yougov site advises against travel to a country then travel insurance is invalid, yes.
Eg. France
See

or all of Spain except the Canaries
See

or Italy
See

Last edited:
If the yougov site recommends against travel to a country then travel insurance is invalid, yes.
Eg. France
See

or all of Spain except the Canaries
See

So some friends of mine have just returned from 2 weeks in Gran Canaria which is in the Canary Islands so they would have been covered on their travel insurance if anything untoward had happened even though they now have to self isolate for 10 days because Gran Canaria is on the amber list - am I correct in thinking that’s the case?

FCO advice and the traffic light system do not go hand in hand.

They are mostly aligned, but there are a number of destinations that are classed as 'amber', yet the FCO doesn't advise against travel there.

This is why some package holidays are still operating to places like the Canary Islands, the Algarve, some Greek islands, as the bible for tour operators is the FCO and this is what they will generally follow.

If anyone was considering travelling to an amber destination that the Gov currently advises against travel to, it would be very wise to take out a specific insurance that covers this. Some of the big main providers will offer ''against FCO'' as an additional extra to take out on a policy.

It's getting busy as fuck here. I guess travel insurance is low down on the list of obstacles for many.

Any word on whether the traffic light system restrictions will be eased on the 19th July? I imagine we’ll have green, amber and red list countries for the foreseeable?

Any word on whether the traffic light system restrictions will be eased on the 19th July? I imagine we’ll have green, amber and red list countries for the foreseeable?
I don’t think they are connected whatsoever.
July 19 is the date for internal restrictions being lifted, not travel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.