Covid and travel discussion

Brittany Ferries have pulled most passenger sailings with vehicles until September 13th!

Just as well I travel to France via le Shuttle. Have been using it since 1997, and wouldn't go any other way.
Got to the check in once at 9:40 for an 11:30 "flight", thanks to the M25 being very quiet, and was asked if I wanted to go on the next train. I said yes, and he told me to get to it asap. I drove on, and went to the 4th carriage from the front. The attendant parked me up, and I asked him when it was going. He said "as soon as I close the door behind you - the main doors are already shut!" 30 seconds later, we set off. I was driving on the motorway at 10:30 (11:30 local time).
I've just checked t'interweb for a caravan holiday in northern France in mid-September for me, my daughter and granddaughter for a week. Around £400 including le Shuttle. An equivalent holiday in Cornwall is £400-£500 just for the caravan. I've excluded fuel costs as they even each other out.
We're being taken for mugs.

The shuttle is a superb service but it’s too far for me to get to Brittany when there is a ferry service.
Did it one but much prefer a short drive once I get to France.

It’s all about money, they have seen how much people have been spending in this country and don’t want you to go abroad simple as.

It’s all about money, they have seen how much people have been spending in this country and don’t want you to go abroad simple as.
They seem determined to destroy the industry that's for sure.
We were told last year get the jabs and you can go abroad without hurdles, we can't.
The cynic in me thinks the green agenda is in play here.

Currently in Abersoch, not sure where I’m supposed to be spending my money as nowhere was open for a drink this afternoon
Have still got the old opening times in parts of Wales, used to have in Porthmadog and Criccieth pubs closed in the afternoon and all day Sunday

Just booked 4 days in a lovely 5* hotel about an hour down the coast from me and it s only cost me 350 euros, that's a suite as well!!
You can all stay in Rhyl you fuckers if it means I can get deals like that!! Haha!

I think it’s a myth that there’s a big spend in the domestic tourism industry.
No doubt the summer school holidays will be busy but they are every year.
It’s day trippers that will up the numbers.
I’m waiting for the first “look how many people are on the beach” day of the year.

summer travel to open up when they remove quarantine from amber for vaccinated from some time in august. There’s a push to do it from 19 July but we shall see.

if anyone has a holiday abroad booked for the end of august onwards it looks like you’re going!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.