Covid and travel discussion

When I was a kid we couldn't afford holidays abroad for many years (and this isn't a sob story about how poor we were, because we weren't in the big scheme of things) so a series of holidays in caravans in the Lake District were the order of the day. Hence, whilst I understand people need a break, I don't really get why it has to be abroad and why there is so much wailing and gnashing of teeth about how people 'deserve a holiday abroad after all we've been through' (not necessarily from posters on here, by the way).

When I was a kid we couldn't afford holidays abroad for many years (and this isn't a sob story about how poor we were, because we weren't in the big scheme of things) so a series of holidays in caravans in the Lake District were the order of the day. Hence, whilst I understand people need a break, I don't really get why it has to be abroad and why there is so much wailing and gnashing of teeth about how people 'deserve a holiday abroad after all we've been through' (not necessarily from posters on here, by the way).

Part of why I like holidaying abroad is to avoid the British though...

I suspect the weather has a lot to do with it for most. Camping in a wet Lake District isnt for everyone compared to say a sunny south of France?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.