Covid and travel discussion

You need to shop around! Can get them for about £40 now

Possibly can, I just did a quick Google search in my local area. Sadly I can see it being drawn out for as long as it can be to make as much money as they can. I get tested weekly as it is but if I travel abroad then those tests I usually take are not valid I believe.

Possibly can, I just did a quick Google search in my local area. Sadly I can see it being drawn out for as long as it can be to make as much money as they can. I get tested weekly as it is but if I travel abroad then those tests I usually take are not valid I believe.
Let’s be realistic here I think the UK government would be making far more money from the income generated by opening international travel for leisure and business than by a few private tests. I think by the end of next month double jabbed will be exempt from quarantine and hopefully testing requirements similar to most EU countries.

This is the problem things change so rapidly..I paid for an antigen test in December on the Tuesday for Tenerife. My flight was Thursday. Packed, apartment pre booked ( luckily not paid) and on the Wednesday they announced antigen tests no longer accepted. Gutted. Mind you they then imposed a 22:00 until 6am curfew and masks worn everywhere even outside so probably just as well.

It's a gamble. Once you're there within days they could suddenly change things that mean your holiday isn't as enjoyable. Tough call at the moment

That's why we are not going abroad and will cancel our flights (booked last year). The thought of masking up in Cyprus during July/August, potentially having to dash home or some lockdown being imposed when we are there, just makes it too much of a risk for me. We will be settling for a week long road trip around Gloustershire, Somerset and Dorset, then a couple of weekends away. Probably a city break in Europe when little un has an inset day in September/October.

Not bothering with Cyprus next year. Going to treat ourselves to a New York and Florida trip with some of the money saved.

Let’s be realistic here I think the UK government would be making far more money from the income generated by opening international travel for leisure and business than by a few private tests. I think by the end of next month double jabbed will be exempt from quarantine and hopefully testing requirements similar to most EU countries.

How about the private wealth of individuals within the cabinet and their friends and family members?

Unless they are big shareholders in budget airlines and hotel chains I'd say it was more likely that they would be making the bigger bucks via dodgy public sector contracts.

Last edited:
Genuinely shocked how busy its been in my part of spain this last week or so.
Not Summer in normal times busy but far more here than I expected.

Can’t believe the 3-4 month waits for second vaccinations over there.

Get your second spot 3 weeks after you get your first jab here. They give it to you when you get the first jab.

At this point, surely those with 2 jabs are OK to travel without restriction, no?

If not, what’s going to change FOR THEM?

We get Vax Cards here with your jab data on it. Surely that should be enough to travel. Most business places here, even in Blue states, are now doing the “Vax - No Mask, UnVax - Mask” and no masks needed outdoors now.

Can’t believe UK is not at 75-80% Vaxxed by now!

There goes seeing family in FL at the end of July! Fuck!!!

Can’t believe the 3-4 month waits for second vaccinations over there.

Get your second spot 3 weeks after you get your first jab here. They give it to you when you get the first jab.

At this point, surely those with 2 jabs are OK to travel without restriction, no?

If not, what’s going to change FOR THEM?

We get Vax Cards here with your jab data on it. Surely that should be enough to travel. Most business places here, even in Blue states, are now doing the “Vax - No Mask, UnVax - Mask” and no masks needed outdoors now.

Can’t believe UK is not at 75-80% Vaxxed by now!

There goes seeing family in FL at the end of July! Fuck!!!
There are drive in vax spots everywhere here, pull in on the side of the road and blam, no appointments or cost

There are drive in vax spots everywhere here, pull in on the side of the road and blam, no appointments or cost
Same here! We got ours as soon as they came out. I got mine at work and wife and kids (22&24) got theirs at large vax sites run by the National Guard. Wife said if half of life was as well planned and executed at her vax, the USA would be kicking everyone’s arse at everything!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.