Covid and travel discussion

My grandma is going to stay with her daughter in Spain for a month from next week. Any recommendations on where to get the test from for her to come home? Do you get them over in Spain or do you get them before and take them with you?
We came back from Spain yesterday (Wednesday) - we had to take a test at a private clinic in Spain on Monday before we could leave (most towns advertise the service as its a real money spinner for them so she shouldn't have any trouble) and have to take a test at home on Friday that we ordered from a company called 'Expert Medicals' - but honestly couldn't tell you if they are any better than anyone else to be honest. Don't know how much rules might change anyhow in the next few weeks so your grandma might have to do things different.........

We came back from Spain yesterday (Wednesday) - we had to take a test at a private clinic in Spain on Monday before we could leave (most towns advertise the service as its a real money spinner for them so she shouldn't have any trouble) and have to take a test at home on Friday that we ordered from a company called 'Expert Medicals' - but honestly couldn't tell you if they are any better than anyone else to be honest. Don't know how much rules might change anyhow in the next few weeks so your grandma might have to do things different.........

Thanks. I will just get my aunty to look into it while she is over there. like you said, things keep changing.

one of my favourite cities in the world . Was there a few weeks ago treated ourselves to a stay in the rosewood.

Sunday lunch at Moro at exmouth market and a game of table football at cafe kick .

buzz was superb all round the city .

Mine too. The reason why I moved here from Manchester. Seeing the same people on the tram each morning and going the same pubs for 15 years was depressing.

one of my favourite cities in the world . Was there a few weeks ago treated ourselves to a stay in the rosewood.

Sunday lunch at Moro at exmouth market and a game of table football at cafe kick .

buzz was superb all round the city .
I have had an absolutely great five days here. Wife and daughter went to watch Hairspray yesterday so I had a mooch around Borough market then along the southbank and over Waterloo bridge to Covent Garden. Sat myself at a table in that little courtyard in the marketplace and had a beer or two while listening to a string quartet blasting out some classical Tunes.

Saw the first changing of the guard in 18m on Monday and been to Windsor Castle today. Great day out that. Walking above the resting place of Henry 8th amongst many others at St George’s chapel. That building alone was worth the entrance fee.Incredible history we have on our doorstep.

So much life too. Pubs full of after work drinkers and restaurants full of people.

Brilliant holiday for the family.

Just wondering the chances of Florida for end of March 2022? (Easter holidays)

Booked a while ago, and thought surely things would have settled down by then.
Now it's only 7 months away. Kids haven't been away since 2019 and a year for a kid seems like along time etc.

Just wondering the chances of Florida for end of March 2022? (Easter holidays)

Booked a while ago, and thought surely things would have settled down by then.
Now it's only 7 months away. Kids haven't been away since 2019 and a year for a kid seems like along time etc.

I would hope that Florida, and America in general, will be OK by then for leisure travel.....but no-one knows how the Covid picture is going to look as we enter, and leave, winter.

America can't keep their borders closed to Brits indefinitely so I do anticipate some positive movement on the situation by the end of this year/start of next, but equally I wouldn't want to be quoted on that either!

Time will tell...

Just had a week in northumberland and whilst pleasant enough also a reminder of why i like my main hols abroad.

happy for breaks in the UK but when it comes down to it its a bit crap.

7 hour drive home.
Everywhere a rip off whether its food/drinks or parking.
Food on the whole pretty poor.
Weather generally not great

dont get me wrong, i love exploring the uk , and do ferociously, but when its a total switch off you want, has to be abroad

Just returned from Spain today after an amazing 16-night holiday (was 14 nights but we were enjoying it so much, we extended the stay).

The hotel we were staying in took Covid measures seriously so in addition to wearing mask indoors, we were wearing them when taking part in the organised activities as well (pool, pistol shooting, table tennis, shuffleboard etc). Didn't bother me one bit as we felt a lot safer than back home. One of the staff was telling me that they have not had any covid outbreaks this summer which is pretty good going for a hotel of it's size.

Anyway, next up a 3-night stay at Disneyland Paris in a couple of weeks - get some decent trips and memories in before the inevitable restrictions this autumn/winter.

I have had an absolutely great five days here. Wife and daughter went to watch Hairspray yesterday so I had a mooch around Borough market then along the southbank and over Waterloo bridge to Covent Garden. Sat myself at a table in that little courtyard in the marketplace and had a beer or two while listening to a string quartet blasting out some classical Tunes.

Saw the first changing of the guard in 18m on Monday and been to Windsor Castle today. Great day out that. Walking above the resting place of Henry 8th amongst many others at St George’s chapel. That building alone was worth the entrance fee.Incredible history we have on our doorstep.

So much life too. Pubs full of after work drinkers and restaurants full of people.

Brilliant holiday for the family.

Windsor Castle is one of the best value half days out, in my opinion. We have been three times (NB when you buy a ticket, keep it and you can return within a year for no extra charge). The park behind the Castle is worth a visit too. Spectacular view from the George III statue.

It's nice to explore the area by car too. Some nice riverside pubs, as well as villages nearby and Runnymede, of course. That part of the Thames is stunning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.