Covid and travel discussion

Back from Greece. Have to say the whole process during COVID is fine, BUT if your not organised or good at form filling/following instructions I think some will feel a bit stressed. I was in a family of four and that was absolutely a doddle, family of 7 in front of us looked a bit flustered lol.
Mask wearing on a flight during the day is fine, but found it a little restrictive at trying to sleep on a night flight for 4 hrs and foregoing the sleep in favour of doing my bit and keeping it on.

Back from Portugal today.

As others have said it's all quite straightforward with the paperwork, even if a little tedious to fill out / print.

Took an antigen test in Albufeira which was only 20 Euros to return. Just had to book it online in advance.

At Faro I had to show Ryanair staff the negative test, passenger locator form, boarding cards and NHS Covid Pass. Then upon landing I only had to show passports at Manchester Airport - they were just doing random spot checks which thankfully didn't include us!

Mine might be 72 hours too, actually. Fortunately I'm just connecting through Toronto.

I presume my final test leaving England would need to be at a lab as I need the results quick, but I've been told the Day 2 test can be a home/mail-in kit. Is that right?

Also was quoted 160 pounds for a Day 2 home test. I'm out of the loop with the UK testing situation - is that.....normal?!
If you are flying into Manchester, it looks like you can do your day 2 test right at the airport. I think it was something like 55 pounds. What airline are you flying? Aerlingus has some very good info on their website. I assume others do as well. Cheers.

An hour ago we nearly booked a holiday using the TUI app as they afford an additional £25 discount for doing so. Anyway after checking the details and our names thrice over and disecting our credit card details for accuracy the app timed out.

Maybe this was a blessing in disguise as the holiday was due to kick off at the end of September and the next traffic light review will be on the 16th September. The cost was low but I see no reason to rush back and try again until after the 16th as I don't anticipate a rise in price. If the price does fluctuate against us then we can just tickle the auntie by adding or removing a day or slightly changing the format.

I'm not trying to tell any lost soul off here how to suck eggs but please make sure your jollies wherever possible fall between that three week window. Heart breaking to see those holiday makers land in Mexico on reappraisal day and having to travel back home as it turned to red.

Last edited:
Has anyone used Chronomics for fit to fly? Ordered tests last week but they reckon they wont be dispatched till today, hope they're sending them first class
Used them via TUI for 2 trips this year, both went perfectly well.

Bargain at £20 the pair and no video nonesense either.
We are in Portugal now and used the chronomics rapid flow test Jet2 wouldn't let us board our flight saying they needed pcr tests at Faro and they would send us home on the next flight, bollox. So we had to dash across the airport at 4.30 am to the Ryanair desk where a lovely young woman booked us on the 6.00 am flight no mither about the test with Ryanair or border control in Portugal.

We are in Portugal now and used the chronomics rapid flow test Jet2 wouldn't let us board our flight saying they needed pcr tests at Faro and they would send us home on the next flight, bollox. So we had to dash across the airport at 4.30 am to the Ryanair desk where a lovely young woman booked us on the 6.00 am flight no mither about the test with Ryanair or border control in Portugal.
I didn't think you needed a pcr outward bound? TUI supply a lateral flow from Chronomics for the return leg and a pcr test for the day 2 at a cost of £20 which is beyond the reasonable. Most people using the Chronomics say it's a doddle to use with no video link and simply a case of sending off the pictures.

Hope your enjoying your holiday and Portugal is a really fine place. We have been to Villamora and Abufeira in the past and there are some cracking restauraunts on the cliff top at Albuferia.

I didn't think you needed a pcr outward bound? TUI supply a lateral flow from Chronomics for the return leg and a pcr test for the day 2 at a cost of £20 which is beyond the reasonable. Most people using the Chronomics say it's a doddle to use with no video link and simply a case of sending off the pictures.

Hope your enjoying your holiday and Portugal is a fine place. We have been to Villamora and Abufeira in the past. and there are ome cracking restauraunts on the cliff top at Albuferia
They are a doddle to use but cost £300 if you're flying with Jet2 and have to change flights. We are in Lagos. Stunning.

Flying to Portugal on saturday and using the Chronomics rapid flow. My arse is now twitching.

Did you show Jet 2 the rules that prove antigen is fine?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.