Covid and travel discussion

Marco &shackattack,UK,MancAirport right paperwork for double jab, sailed through.Tenerife South Airport, scan your locator paperwork & show passport ready to be stamped 10/15 mins. Weather perfect as you would expect,just going walk-about to see who is showing our lads. Lots of shops and bars reopening,surprisingly more people than I expected.Cheer louder to make up for myself and daughters.Come on you Blues!

Marco &shackattack,UK,MancAirport right paperwork for double jab, sailed through.Tenerife South Airport, scan your locator paperwork & show passport ready to be stamped 10/15 mins. Weather perfect as you would expect,just going walk-about to see who is showing our lads. Lots of shops and bars reopening,surprisingly more people than I expected.Cheer louder to make up for myself and daughters.Come on you Blues!

Cheers for that, I fly out mid October from Heathrow so guessing pretty similar re times. Most people I know who travel currently say it speeds up process if you print qr codes etc out beforehand. Went same time last year and was very quiet really. Good to see it becoming busier and have a great time.

I am increasingly pissed off at the idiotic Biden continuing with Trumps travel ban stopping Europeans visiting the USA since March 2020.
No explanation ,no rationale just pure political pig headedness.
Especially galling is that many of Biden's family have been enjoying Greek and other European holidays this Summer .
I own a Florida winter home and need to get over there to sell up as I always said I'd never buy a property in a politically unstable Country-back in 2012 I'd never have dreamt we'd end up here.
Is it available for rent?

Is it available for rent?
Not yet I've avoided that because I don't want any income in the US . Also its a manufactured home on a community with strict rental policies. Getting the property out of storage ready to rent is an issue. Selling a property under FIRPTA rules over there is an utter ballache for non citizens but maybe the time has come.

was looking at Dominican republic for may,TUI have a great selection of places to stay but what about these other internet travel busineses like love holidays,holidaygems, are they any good they do seem quite a bit cheaper than TUI

was looking at Dominican republic for may,TUI have a great selection of places to stay but what about these other internet travel busineses like love holidays,holidaygems, are they any good they do seem quite a bit cheaper than TUI

Unless the difference is very significant, I would avoid the likes of Love Holidays etc.
LoveHolidays aren't a member of ABTA anymore, which means they can shaft you on refunds much more easily.
They even charge you just to cancel your booking.

1632051956167.png

Have a look on BA holidays, I think they have a sale on at the moment and their prices are often very good for the Caribbean.
Failing that, stick with TUI.

Unless the difference is very significant, I would avoid the likes of Love Holidays etc.
LoveHolidays aren't a member of ABTA anymore, which means they can shaft you on refunds much more easily.
They even charge you just to cancel your booking.

View attachment 26555

Have a look on BA holidays, I think they have a sale on at the moment and their prices are often very good for the Caribbean.
Failing that, stick with TUI.
wil do mate,those T&Cs you posted could add to a tidy amount

More idiots refused from our flight home today for not being able to fill in a simple form

Not been away since last year before the winter lockdowns but can remember plenty of idiots at Malpensa grabbing pens and forms when they could have done it before departing UK. I did it with my gf and had forms in English and Italian and the Italian border police weren't even fussed about reading my stuff just the GF.

I went on my own a couple of months later and landed at Bergamo with all the right forms but there weren't any staff checking at the gate anyway.

Only time I was held up much was British Border Force wanting to read form off phone.

Surely it would just make sense for them to use a QR code system once you have filled in a valid form and you don't have to stay too long in the shit Gestapo's presence and there aren't stupid queues at Heathrow due to incompetent short staffing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.