Covid and travel discussion

I did look at Cyprus but based on the dates I have off work flights were coming back at 5x the price (£33 return vs £160 return). Trying my best to keep it cheap and cheerful and 29c would probably be too much for me haha
£33 sounds like Ryanair so nothing cheerful there.

I just can't get the enthusiasm to travel overseas while there's tests, restrictions and a risk of being locked down.

Mrs Unicorn wants to take the risk as she's desperate to get up to the 100 countries visited mark. Up to 2019 we'd go abroad 3 or 4 times a year, often book a £20 flight and get a room other side. Even before Covid the travel had become a lot more of a faff.

Off to Majorca tomorrow with the kids for half term (after Brighton today) couple of forms (I’ve set up an account with gov.uk so half of its complete each time by default) and a day two test each. Simple enough

Off to Majorca tomorrow with the kids for half term (after Brighton today) couple of forms (I’ve set up an account with gov.uk so half of its complete each time by default) and a day two test each. Simple enough
Just for info we used Collinson for the day 2 tests. Did the tests Thursday morning and posted off, negative results back Friday evening. £55 each using a British Airways code that you can use even if you don't fly with them. I will use them again for sure.

Just for info we used Collinson for the day 2 tests. Did the tests Thursday morning and posted off, negative results back Friday evening. £55 each using a British Airways code that you can use even if you don't fly with them. I will use them again for sure.
We’ve used chronomics this summer £22.40 with a code or £28 without. They were decent enough

If people can be arsed with all the hurdles, Thai government have confirmed re-opening the full country from 1st November to 46 selected countries.
The graphic below doesn't mention about having to seek approval from Thai authorities to travel, nor the previous requirement to download an app, so I'm unsure if those are still a thing or not.

View attachment 28427
View attachment 28428
Not all of the country, 17 provinces first, maybe some more in December.

I need to get to the North East (Isaan) where I'm having a house built but won't be allowed to travel there.

Going to wait till January to see how things progress.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.