Holidays

In Seville as we speak. Would recommend to anyone for a long weekend. I'm actually on my main holiday in Cadiz but thought we would pop here for a night. Way too hot during the day but had 2 great tapas at two different restaurants, then had a saunter around once sun was down and it was a bit cooler. Back to Cadiz tomorrow.

Prices in Greece have climbed steadily for many years now, as they did in Spain before it. Turkey is on the increase too now .... and I don't mean just in line with inflation. They all get greedy and start to fleece the tourist more. Croatia will do the same too eventually.

But we still go abroad, as there are some lovely places to see. Favourites are Dalyan, Paxos, Symi, Kefalonia (though not been since 1996 ... heard it's changed a great deal ... the once totally empty Xi beach on Lixouri peninsula, is now lined with hotels I have heard) Parga, Kayakoy .... local tavernas are still good value in those places if you look for them, and avoid the tourist traps. Lindos in Rhodes is one of the few places where every place is top dollar we go to.

Then again, if we could guarantee the weather, Devon and Cornwall would be our destination of choice. Nowhere more beautiful when the sun is shining. In Cornwall right now, our second week, and weather a mixed bag so far, some great sunny days, and a few terrible. (Today being one of them) .... Still love it though and would move here in a heartbeat if we could.

We did a couple of weeks in Cornwall last year. Polperro was my favourite place, some stunning cliff top walks round there.

Am I the only fucker that goes to Benidorm??, uncle peds €1 bottle, people watching all day, pissed up stag and hen do”s everywhere, what’s not to like

Great for a few days away with the lads. Night in the new town followed by a night of Tapas and meandering around the old town. Cheap as chips and a good laugh.

Road tripping through France to my mates wedding. Stopped in Eindhoven briefly en route. No complaints here. Weathers lovely. The wines lovely. The foods lovely. Crikey even our lass is lovely.

I love a good holiday tbh, even with having a 7 month old we will still travel as it is literally the only thing that keeps me going to work most weeks. Me and the Mrs took the decision when we bought our house to buy a house that was half what we could afford to borrow on the basis we would make sure to do 2/3 decent holidays a year as we get so much enjoyment from it. We've done some extravagant places and probably won't travel as far now with the little one for a while at least but we are so lucky been so close to so many decent places to visit. My mates in Australia always remind me that they have a few days travel to get to Europe before they even begin exploring anywhere, it's on our doorstep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.