Holidays

Totally agree on Stalida and if it’s peace and quiet you want the Eastern part of the town is idyllic. Try “Romantic Corner” restaurant which is fab. The Western part is more touristy with the English style pubs/restaurants as Bob states.
Very cheap and nice wine to be bought in refill plastic bottles at three euros a litre in a shop over in the Eastern part
Romantic corner's a magical place to eat, drink and to take in the scenery and a very well run bar that's smouldering with Greek atmos and charm. Also an excellent breakfast to be had with panoramic vistas to die for. Very pleasant ameniable hosts and we were never rushed during table service.

uURmqlO.jpg

LoLlPiZ.jpg

Last edited:
Italy ???
Been to Milan, Pisa, Florence, Rome and Venice (3 of those on one trip) and enjoyed them but I prefer Spain.

Will have to add Seville. Will add, the rail system is superb. On time, runs smooth and easy to navigate. Plus the trains are clean.
Yeah the AVE train is something else. Spain has the second longest high-speed rail network in the world, behind China, which is pretty impressive for a country of its size/population.

Funnily enough, we’ve just put a video on train travel in Spain on our YouTube channel.

Off to Zante on Tuesday, never been before looking forward to catching a few rays & watching the Euros

Done Spain’s 6 largest cities in the last few years as well as a few of the minor places as well.

Seville is out in front for me but most cities have something incredible. It might be modern but the City of Arts and Scienes in Valencia is one of the most amazing pieces of architecture I’ve ever seen.

You are correct about the light in La Sagrada Familia, and that Madrid is a bit of a let down. However Madrid’s strongest card is its accessibility to other places. Went for a short break last year and did a trip to both Toledo and Segovia.

Saw the Mesquita in Córdoba earlier this year and again, absolutely blown away by this.

Got a Christmas trip that takes in Granada, Seville (can’t wait to go back), Barcelona and Tossa de Mar.

For me, it’s hands-down the best country in the world for things to see.

Big call!

I haven't travelled Spain extensively. I've been to Barcelona a number of times but otherwise it's been a beach holiday without much culture. Will have to go and explore some more. My Mrs did Sevilla last year and loved it.

All about personal preference. If it didn't have so many French people, France would win for me I think. Everywhere you go seems to have well preserved historic areas and castles at every turn. I absolutely love Italy as well and would put it higher simply because the food is better and they're not French.

Big call!

I haven't travelled Spain extensively. I've been to Barcelona a number of times but otherwise it's been a beach holiday without much culture. Will have to go and explore some more. My Mrs did Sevilla last year and loved it.

All about personal preference. If it didn't have so many French people, France would win for me I think. Everywhere you go seems to have well preserved historic areas and castles at every turn. I absolutely love Italy as well and would put it higher simply because the food is better and they're not French.
Italy for me :)

Done Spain’s 6 largest cities in the last few years as well as a few of the minor places as well.

Seville is out in front for me but most cities have something incredible. It might be modern but the City of Arts and Scienes in Valencia is one of the most amazing pieces of architecture I’ve ever seen.

You are correct about the light in La Sagrada Familia, and that Madrid is a bit of a let down. However Madrid’s strongest card is its accessibility to other places. Went for a short break last year and did a trip to both Toledo and Segovia.

Saw the Mesquita in Córdoba earlier this year and again, absolutely blown away by this.

Got a Christmas trip that takes in Granada, Seville (can’t wait to go back), Barcelona and Tossa de Mar.

For me, it’s hands-down the best country in the world for things to see.
Did Barcelona & Tossa de Mar for the May Bank Holiday - absolutely brilliant.

Tossa de Mar was fantastic, will definitely be going back. Try & visit 'Cala es Codolar' - lovely little beach tucked away.

Did Barcelona & Tossa de Mar for the May Bank Holiday - absolutely brilliant.

Tossa de Mar was fantastic, will definitely be going back. Try & visit 'Cala es Codolar' - lovely little beach tucked away.
Tossa's great - we usually go at Christmas because our go-to hotel for the summer is in Pineda de Mar.

We are going back to Tossa in July because we have been invited by the hotel to film a promo video for them! We're paying for the flights but we've got 3 nights free full board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.