Home form and our inability to keep clean sheets.

Mattyc55

This season we've seen a big difference in our away form compared to previous years, but last season im sure we only dropped 5 points at home throughout the whole campaign, the chelsea narrow defeat and a draw with Sunderland. I dont have the definite stats in front of me but im going to guess that when we won the league under Mancini we only dropped 2 points at home that season too!

This season we have already dropped 9 points and only kept 3 clean sheets against United, Everton and Palace. Moreover, we have failed to keep a clean sheet in every cup game bar a 7-0 win over Shef Weds in the Carling Cup. Chelsea have won 10/10 at home so far and that is a stat you would generally associate with this City side, but time and time again we've stumbled over the line and on a few occasions our performances have bitten us badly.

We've been leaking goals at home with our sloppy defending of set pieces and an inability to deal with counter attacks and a result like today has been coming since we cant be expected to have to score three in order to win a game of football, especially since we dont really have one fit striker.

Do you think there are some real underlying issues or have we been extremely blessed to have such a good run of home form in the last 3/4 seasons. Possibly a bit of both.

We just poor at defending set pieces, thats all there is too it.

It's really frustrating to have seen is spend around £50m on a DMF, CB and GK in the summer to eradicate last seasons defensive woes only to be even worse this season.

I thought Fernando, Mangala and Caballero would have been excellent signing but instead they have all had shockers.

sam-caddick said:
It's really frustrating to have seen is spend around £50m on a DMF, CB and GK in the summer to eradicate last seasons defensive woes only to be even worse this season.

I thought Fernando, Mangala and Caballero would have been excellent signing but instead they have all had shockers.

Exactly.. I dont quite understand what is going on. We used to snuff out counter attacks quite well but this season we've looked so stretched and vulnerable both out wide and through the middle.

I think one explanation is that if I asked everyone on here to choose a Premiership 11 for this season, there wouldnt be one single City defender anywhere close. That is poor when you take into consideration that were second in the league.

One more conceded than United too! Now that is a crazy stat.

Can't remember the last time a side won the title having dropped 10 points at home, plus we've got another 8 games to go...

20 goals from 11 games at home is mid-table return as well.

1st we need to practice defending set pieces for home & away. 2nd we need a good holding midfielder who is willing to die for the cause. To get back & help the defense out. 3rd f_ck Navas off & put Milner on the right. He is willing & capable to cover for Zab when he makes his runs forward. He has done it before, Navas does'nt do it. 4th need to shoot more & not try to walk it in. When you have the ball up front they can't score from there. 5th Joe Hart needs to catch the ball & not try to punch it. Ball can land anywhere leading to chances.

cookster said:
Can't remember the last time a side won the title having dropped 10 points at home, plus we've got another 8 games to go...

20 goals from 11 games at home is mid-table return as well.

I was just having this conversation with my old man.. have we blown one team away this season other than a Championship side?

As ive said, its not the remaining home games im worried about, as i think they are all very winnable, and yeh its been dissapointing so far but we still have to go to l'pool, stoke, spurs, ushited and obvs chelsea. I mean, i cant think of the last time we beat the chavs or liverpool away for starters! Infact the 4-2? I think it was, but it was with a much much weaker chelsea team! Maybe its time for a change but how were playing atm, we wont beat any of those away

We haven't scored enough at home, and have conceded too many. The worst thing is, we look weak defensively. Too many individual errors. Our distribution from the back today was woeful, we set them up for counter attacks on countless occasions.

MCFCHOWELL said:
We haven't scored enough at home, and have conceded too many. The worst thing is, we look weak defensively. Too many individual errors. Our distribution from the back today was woeful, we set them up for counter attacks on countless occasions.

This. We lacked any sort of power in our play today. Defending was erratic and MDM passing in particular was dreadful. Toure was seriously missed and dare I say it so was Nasri. Milner showed today why he will always be a bench man rather than a first team regular. I am just so disappointed with what I saw. You wouldn't know we were chasing a title. City will drop more points at home - that much I can guarantee you. Squeeze up between defence and midfield and snuff out Silva and you'll get a result. We're becoming too easy to play against. And when will someone take a fucking chance and shoot! We're like the Arsenal of last season and the year before. Pass, pass and more pass then give the ball away. Drives me nuts!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.