Home grown players (merged)

Exeter Blue I am here

On the day that we've signed Fernando and Bruno Zuculini, the rags have signed Luke Shaw, and Adam Lallana's having a medical at Candlepool. I think the World Cup constituted fair proof that most English players are overpriced and/or shite, but as an avenue for post FFP attack, are we leaving ourselves wide open by not bidding for English players? The rags, Liverpool and the Arse are awash with them, and I'd be willing to bet they will move heaven and earth never to miss out on the Chimps League again. With Gill established at UEFA and that other rag stooge Dyke in situ at the EPL, the most obvious curve ball they can now throw us is an insistence on, say, at least 4 home grown players starting every game. Should we not be in the market for players like Lallana, Caulker or Townsend on that basis?

Re: Transfer Policy - English players

this is also a business not some english national team charity. if they are good enough then we will try to get them and i dont mean just benchwarmers.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
On the day that we've signed Fernando and Bruno Zuculini, the rags have signed Luke Shaw, and Adam Lallana's having a medical at Candlepool. I think the World Cup constituted fair proof that most English players are overpriced and/or shite, but as an avenue for post FFP attack, are we leaving ourselves wide open by not bidding for English players? The rags, Liverpool and the Arse are awash with them, and I'd be willing to bet they will move heaven and earth never to miss out on the Chimps League again. With Gill established at UEFA and that other rag stooge Dyke in situ at the EPL, the most obvious curve ball they can now throw us is an insistence on, say, at least 4 home grown players starting every game. Should we not be in the market for players like Lallana, Caulker or Townsend on that basis?
They would all be another "Sinclair" signing. None of them would get into our strongest first 11.

The problem with including so many English in a rule is not only the inflation, its that clubs start buying English for mad money, regardless of relation to their quality and play them to meet the quota and not the team's needs. So we end up with out of position English, who often don't fit the system they play in or play well against the lower teams and the hype catches on; then they're shite when it comes to the big stage.

English players aren't very good and are massively over priced. When we do buy them e.g. Rodwell we get accused of ruining English talent as they're not good enough to get in the team

Does feel like we are not investing in English talent but who can blame us when all of them are so overpriced. If Barkley is available for 20m maybe yes.

Gordon Taylor is already pushing for a 3 homegrown rule as discussed here -> <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=302962" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=302962</a>

As I said in that thread, it's the only thing after FFP where they may be able to hurt City. At least until the academy produces players good enough to play an active part in the first team without lowering the quality of the side.

IF this was to come to pass, our best hope is it being delayed several years. We have as much quality English talent in the 14-18 age group as Chelsea or Southampton.

Exeter Blue I am here said:

I just posted something similar in the rag thread. I was wondering if the rags and Liverpool have been told something that we haven't.

Does any other league have this type of policy? Off the top of my head Ligue 1 has a non eu quota I think but not a "French only" policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.