'home grown' strikers

lunebleu

I don't know how much we've invested in our youth/academy system over the years but I think it's puzzling that we haven't discovered or developed a top class striker since Neil young. Paul Moulden looked promising but faded out. That's 50 years or so! And In these glory/monied days of the last ten years, when we have expanded our scouting system, we still don't seem to have a young strikers to try out at times of injuries or when resting players. The Rags Chelsea and Liverpool seem to have promising strikers but not obviously happening with us.

Danny Sturridge was a fantastic striker and the one player I saw at Youth Level who looked head and shoulders above everyone else.

Sadly one of injuries/attitude/desire/development/mental strength stopped him developing into the player everyone anticipated.

Probably the best striker I can think of not mentioned was Paul Warhurst but I think he was a defender for us.

Last edited:
Danny Sturridge was a fantastic striker and the one player I saw at Youth Level who looked head and shoulders above everyone else.

Sadly one of injuries/attitude/desire/development/mental strength stopped him developing into the player everyone anticipated.
Despite his injuries he’s still had a decent career at the very top level. Still makes me laugh thinking about how Hughes used to be ched evans over him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.