Home thoughts from abroad:

A most enjoyable reposte. Though 20 years now I have wandered the backwaters of Spain. The mosaic of Christian and Moor.
Today only an hour ago my path was blocked by a shepherd and his flock. The Shepherd and I passed pleasantries, then we moved on with our separate lives. He, and his way of life , enriching mine in those few minutes of idle chatter.
Maybe you are right, and I delude myself that the human spirit , has been lost to Thatcher and America, in a way that saddens me. Today I dream on towards Seville, dreaming of Walled gardens,bars where they chalk your order on a slate, Flamenco singers and Moorish ghosts, a little less idealistically after the realism encountered in your post.

Hasta luego,

gUwoK00.gif

A most enjoyable reposte. Though 20 years now I have wandered the backwaters of Spain. The mosaic of Christian and Moor.
Today only an hour ago my path was blocked by a shepherd and his flock. The Shepherd and I passed pleasantries, then we moved on with our separate lives. He, and his way of life , enriching mine in those few minutes of idle chatter.
Maybe you are right, and I delude myself that the human spirit , has been lost to Thatcher and America, in a way that saddens me. Today I dream on towards Seville, dreaming of Walled gardens,bars where they chalk your order on a slate, Flamenco singers and Moorish ghosts, a little less idealistically after the realism encountered in your post.

Hasta luego,
Mrs and I in Seville in a couple of weeks for the first time. Any tips you can pass on eats and drinks would be very welcome!

Can't beat the atmosphere of the Andalucian 'venta'. The Mrs' dad lives down near Cadiz. I'd mosey on down to the bar and have a few glasses of very cheap beer and maybe a bit of sherry. Hardly anyone spoke much English, yet entirely possible to communicate what you want by pointing at it. Few bowls of olives, bit of cured meat...perfect. And at a non tourist price.

Or, you could go to Benidorm....

We are going to Cordoba and Cadiz in March, a bus and train trip. Both very reasonably priced and staying in casas rurales .
I have never been to a tourist restaurant yet.
The food is fantastic if you know where to go.

Mrs and I in Seville in a couple of weeks for the first time. Any tips you can pass on eats and drinks would be very welcome!

Will do, the weather at the moment is fantastic. 19c.
Will be my first time, staying in Barrio de Santa Cruz, a historic Jewish quarter.
How long are you staying there ?

Will do, the weather at the moment is fantastic. 19c.
Will be my first time, staying in Barrio de Santa Cruz, a historic Jewish quarter.
How long are you staying there ?
We have an air bnb for a week. An apartment right next to the cathedral. I have always wanted to visit, it looks stunning. Just a week to explore, eat tapas, drink sherry and soak in the atmosphere. May do a trip to the Alhambra if we get time. We have been tracking the weather. Hope it stays as good.

We have an air bnb for a week. An apartment right next to the cathedral. I have always wanted to visit, it looks stunning. Just a week to explore, eat tapas, drink sherry and soak in the atmosphere. May do a trip to the Alhambra if we get time. We have been tracking the weather. Hope it stays as good.

It's a fair day trip from Seville to Granada, but if you are not planning to return to Andulucia anytime soon, it will be worth it. The Nasri Palace is stunning, though you only get about 45 mins inside, and make sure everything is pre booked.Get a tour which will include the White Pueblos on route.
We usually go to Granada for two or three days, in the Spring or Autumn, I love the Town, Friendly, young, vibrant. The gypsy quarter is a little touristy, but worth an afternoon.
You will love it.

I avoid places where the worst of us go en masse. Classless, loudmouth drunken cunts, who think it’s still the Empire days. Cutting about looking like chavs, shorts and football tops, tattoos, and the men are no better.

No attempt to even speak basic Spanish or French, just shout.

Years ago a Spanish guy advised us not to go to a place because it was full of brits. He thought we were Scandinavian and that we would be offended. We weren’t, because the last place I want to be us surrounded by classless cunts who really shouldn’t be allowed out of the country.

The thing I find strange is every part of these isles has the same type. Tracky wearing, too much cheap jewelry, no social skills, loud as fuck, drink to much. Make a **** of themselves. I avoid them here, so going on holiday to places they congregate is like a trip into hell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.