Homegrown Players

You're right, Foden being 20 means he's no longer in the B list.

Wait, is Zinchenko considered homegrown? I thought players had to spend 3 seasons at the club before they turn 21 to be considered homegrown.

I have a feeling we could see Fernandinho leave in January, given that's when the season begins in Brazil and he has stated in the past that he'd like to end his career at Athletico Paranaense.
I do not remember the rule but Zinchenko was considered a youth player until he hit 21 as maybe Torres, but Foden is not a class b, he is named as one of the four club trained first team squad players

I do not remember the rule but Zinchenko was considered a youth player until he hit 21 as maybe Torres, but Foden is not a class b, he is named as one of the four club trained first team squad players
Think you have it right.

Under 21 players do not have to be registered in the squad for the PL. A team CAN register them such as we have done with Foden. I'm guessing this was done to increase our association/club trained numbers. We could also have done it out of respect for him. However, it isn't necessary. He could play as a first team player without being registered.

Last edited:
You're right, Foden being 20 means he's no longer in the B list.

Wait, is Zinchenko considered homegrown? I thought players had to spend 3 seasons at the club before they turn 21 to be considered homegrown.

I have a feeling we could see Fernandinho leave in January, given that's when the season begins in Brazil and he has stated in the past that he'd like to end his career at Athletico Paranaense.

Talking about CL,
Foden can be registered via A list as club-trained
or still as U21 on B list (til end of season 2021/22).
It's just a nice touch to put him on our A list. Fully deserved :)

Exactly, Zinchenko is taking 1 of our maximum 17 non-HGs on A list, same as Torres.

Last edited:
Talinking about CL,

Exactly, Zinchenko is taking 1 of our maximum 17 non-HGs on A list, same as Torres.

Thanks for the clarification, that's what I thought. So right now we have Carson, Walker, Aké, Stones and Sterling as country-grown and Foden and Angeliño as club-grown right? And we need four of each otherwise we have to leave free spots in the registration?

Thanks for the clarification, that's what I thought. So right now we have Carson, Walker, Aké, Stones and Sterling as country-grown and Foden and Angeliño as club-grown right? And we need four of each otherwise we have to leave free spots in the registration?

Yeah, we even have Garcia (still) as club-trained HG... :-/

If Stones does stay, one of Stones/Carson won't be part of our CL squad or would be on 1 of our 17 free spots.

Talking about CL,

Torres is still only 20 and won't turn 21 until February. There is no need to register him. He can still play 1st team matches and not take a foreign slot if we choose to go that route.

Torres is still only 20 and won't turn 21 until February. There is no need to register him. He can still play 1st team matches and not take a foreign slot if we choose to go that route.

There is for the CL. The only players who don't need to be registered for the CL are players younger than 21 who spent 2 years at the club.

For the PL the rules are different, so he might not have to be registered.

I admit I regularly read back official UEFA regulations to not talk rubbish on here and it's safe to say
that ANY player has to be registered either via A or via B list (U21)
to be part of a CL/EL matchday squad.

In PL matches any player has to be registered as well,
but an unlimited number of U21 players can be part of the squad
no matter if HG or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.