Homeless

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wrighty Wrexham, 6 Feb 2018.

1. karen7

karen7

someone gave you a long list of causes as did i yesterday i think it was,unless someone asks every single homeless person why they are there you won't get stats but there are plenty of progs and news features talking to them knocking about,i know for a fact there are a lot of forces homeless,a lot from the falklands and i'm sure the wars since,it's your decision how and what you give them or see them at all

2. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Was there cheese on it?

3. MellowJoe

MellowJoe

Well, yeah. But this 'you've always got a choice' thing is a bit daft. We make decisions but sometimes there isn't much choice. Are there people whose begging lifestyle suits them? Probably. Are there pretending crooks out there? Definitely.

4. Pell

Pell

I don't like pineapple.

5. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

Those may cover every homeless person correct but it doesn’t mean the reasons are evenly spread.

I’m not even saying drug addicts don’t deserve help, that would be ridiculous.

I’m just saying those on here that blame society in every occasion are ridiculous.

If you’ve ended up homeless because youre a drug addict then it’s your fault.

6. shackattack

shackattack

every country in the EU is in the middle of a homelessness crisis except Finland. They set up a housing first project in which they gave homeless people permanent housing and needs-based support. They have all but eradicated rough sleeping so it can be done and it's a scheme being looked at by many other countries. It's a national disgrace that we have so many people living on the streets here.

7. Bill

Bill

you're not getting it.

it's a mind-set thing, a sense of failure, shame and embarrassment. you KNOW there is help, you KNOW family would take you in, you just don't have the capacity to put the cogs in place to recover. its becomes a never ending circle of self neglect. so you play it safe, you don't have to answer to anyone you just exsist in your own world. regardless of how harsh that world is.

8. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

So what’s the answer?

9. Give them somewhere to live and drugs?

If not an addict enough money to live on?

10. Bill

Bill

biggie that mate. I don't know, I'd love to fix it for our city.
    I am not having a go but whilst people use the words" it's their own fault" we have no chance of making any headway.
    we could go down the line of cutting Trident, foreign aid aid etc and invest in our streets but like I say its a biggie.

I posted on here I few years ago about the "rock bottom" I reached, no alcohol, no drugs just a collapse of a person who was once flying high. ok I came out of it but believe me my family never got wind of it until I could face them. they still have no idea.