Homeless

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gorton_Tubster, 11 Feb 2019.

1. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

Watching stuff on the TV and reading articles I am afraid your friend is fucked - welcome to Britain in 2019 - I hope he can sort something for himself because Govt cuts by Govt cnuts have left very little state aid for him

2. ob

ob

See if there's a local street link OP. Guy end of my road been there weeks, I got him coffee, food etc then told local homeless charity who said I'd to report on streelink website. They've messaged back to say spoken to guy (called Chris) and he hasn't been there last few days now so hoping hes found a hostel

3. MikeF

MikeF

Somewhere between the hac, konspiracy and the thun
    I noticed on the way home from work tonight, somebody’s put a tent up off the roundabout on a scrap of land and I’m guessing they’re homeless.

It is utterly pathetic in this day and age that anyone is homeless in what is one of the richest countries (allegedly) in the world.

colinblue likes this.
  4. manchester blue

manchester blue

Has he applied for Housing? He would be on the higher band if he can prove he has no fixed address. He needs to apply on manchestermove.co.uk assuming he is in Manchester. If not whatever his local council uses for lettings. In the meantime, again assuming in Manchester, he should go to Manchester town hall customer services (no appointment needed) and declare himself homeless. They would have a duty to find him temporary accommodation until he finds something more suitable.

He could also look on spareroom.com to see if he can be a lodger. If working he would pay himself but he would be entitled to HB if not. Again Town Hall can assist with HB claim and there are computers to use to process his claim.

I would also advise Shelter to assist him. They're on Samuel Ogden Street off Whitworth Street.

5. Ifwecouldjust.......

Ifwecouldjust.......

Someone ? ....... I could show you a whole village of tents in Manchester..

6. stonerblue

stonerblue

7. Ifwecouldjust.......

Ifwecouldjust.......

There are no services available. The Council will register him for a place but that could take years. He can register with the DWP (using the DWPs address as his correspondence address ... but they wont tell you that )... there is a requirement for the council to provide accommodation (under the Severe Weather Emergency Protocol) but temperatures have to be forecast below zero for three consecutive nights. He should contact Crisis but they don't have an office in Manchester but can be contacted at their liverpool office on 0151 218 7000

8. Stuuuuuu

Stuuuuuu

What fucking world are we living in?

9. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

I was talking to someone about this rather odd policy the other day. It beggars belief

10. Ifwecouldjust.......

Ifwecouldjust.......

Tory Britain ...

7evens likes this.