Homemade hamburgers

Barcon

Right, we're having a bbq today for the wifes birthday. Just going to do sausages and souvlaki from the butcher.
But I want to make some burgers up as well. I bought 6lbs of lean ground beef and need to turn it into about a doz. burgers.
How do I do this? I've read that you need breadcrumbs and eggs, just not sure how much. "Rubbing your cock on it", isn't going to be of much help as that is a given. Cheers.

Barcon said:
Right, we're having a bbq today for the wifes birthday. Just going to do sausages and souvlaki from the butcher.
But I want to make some burgers up as well. I bought 6lbs of lean ground beef and need to turn it into about a doz. burgers.
How do I do this? I've read that you need breadcrumbs and eggs, just not sure how much. "Rubbing your cock on it", isn't going to be of much help as that is a given. Cheers.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.jamieshomecookingskills.com/recipe.php?title=barbecued-burgers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.jamieshomecookingskills.com/ ... ed-burgers</a>

I wouldn't bother with bread crumbs just mince a couple of eggs herbs and spices of choice, the trick is getting your hands in and giving it a good squish then leaving them in the fridge for an hour or so so they can "set" and not fall apart on the grill

Good luck have a nice day :)

Agreed don't need the breadcrumbs, I always dice an onion, herbs, spices as preferred mix together well with an egg.

Secret is not to over cook them, can dry out if you do.

it really is incredibly easy to make handburgers, just have to put some eggs with em, make them into patties and then stick em in the fridge a few hours b4 so they set, then just cook them like normal hand burgers.

can put salt and herbs and whatever u want in them

I blitz the mince a bit more as it can be a bit crumbly if you're not careful. Salt and pepper and an egg ( at least two with 6lb) - mix it all up, grab a decent ball size and flatten it to the size you want - it does shrink so make them a quarter bigger than you want. Put a bit of greaseproof paper (or cling film if you havent any g/p paper) on top and layer them then bung them in the fridge.

Unless you know that people like cheese, spices, chilli etc I wouldn't bother - you can put sauce or cheese on depending on what people want.

What this thread needs is some clever fucker posting the Eddie Murphy clip out of Raw or Delirious, when he talks about his mum making him a homemade burger whenever his mates jib off to McDonalds.

Cheers everyone. Just got off the phone with the sister in law and she agrees about the breadcrumbs (she maes great burgs).
She doesn't use eggs either though. I think I will throw in a pair of eggs myself.
Thanks all.

I would make them chilli burgers, as BBB says but add loads of chilli powder, paprika and kidney beans

I don't eat hamburgers but I know enough not to put eggs or breadcrumbs in them, that makes them into meatloaf.

Add a little dried minced onion, salt and pepper and for God's sake don't make only 12 burgers out of 6 lbs of meat, those would be Flintstone burgers. Patties should be no more than 1/3 lb each and make a little indentation in the middle of each one to stop them from turning into meatballs while they cook.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.