Homemade hamburgers

buckshot said:
I don't eat hamburgers but I know enough not to put eggs or breadcrumbs in them, that makes them into meatloaf.

Add a little dried minced onion, salt and pepper and for God's sake don't make only 12 burgers out of 6 lbs of meat, those would be Flintstone burgers. Patties should be no more than 1/3 lb each and make a little indentation in the middle of each one to stop them from turning into meatballs while they cook.
Why the indentation? Read that a couple of times, what does it actually do?

idahoblues said:
I think if you're going for a classic burger you need to keep it simple, salt. pepper and maybe a wee splash of Worcestershire, no binder or grains or anything else, as someone mentioned then you've got meatloaf. If you have the tools, grind the meat yourself, I know that sounds like a huge pain in the ass but it's really not( make extra and freeze it) .The onion, tomato etc should all be added on extra to every individual taste.
I just built a restaurant nearby and got to be taste tester for most of the new menu, they dunk the whole burger in a mix of soy sauce, hot sauce, seasonings etc and then put it right on the grill...give it a try

The local butcher actually ground it up for me right there and then. I like the idea of dunking into a mixture though.

Crouchinho said:
Barcon said:
6lbs of beef, 1 egg, no crackers. 1 whole head of Garlic, 2 onions, Worcestershire and soya sauce made 12 perfect flintstone burgers.
Defuckinglicous they were. Wine sausages weren't to shabby either. Hot hamburgers for dinner tomorrow.

Sounds excellent man, the worsetershire sauce is a great to use on burgers I had forgotten all about that.

I had burgers earier but they were rubbish. I thought I'd try some kobe beef burgers on sale but they were tighter than a ducks arse

Where did you get the kobe beef burgers from mate?
By the way all my meat came from Kostas on ellesemere (south side, 1st street west of Warden).
Send the wife ;)

mcfclovin88 said:
Crouchinho said:
I never really use breadcrumbs and sometimes I don't even bother with an egg. I just flavour them how I want, sometimes 3-4 cloves of garlic and a really diced onion with some sea salt. I've even added cum in & chilli pepper before for a twist. It's decent to cook your own you know what you're putting in it

Dirty bastard.
lol

Barcon said:
Crouchinho said:
Barcon said:
6lbs of beef, 1 egg, no crackers. 1 whole head of Garlic, 2 onions, Worcestershire and soya sauce made 12 perfect flintstone burgers.
Defuckinglicous they were. Wine sausages weren't to shabby either. Hot hamburgers for dinner tomorrow.

Sounds excellent man, the worsetershire sauce is a great to use on burgers I had forgotten all about that.

I had burgers earier but they were rubbish. I thought I'd try some kobe beef burgers on sale but they were tighter than a ducks arse

Where did you get the kobe beef burgers from mate?
By the way all my meat came from Kostas on ellesemere (south side, 1st street west of Warden).
Send the wife ;)

Shitty Metro, just boxed rubbish. I noticed at Al Premium (Warden/Eglinton) they do venison and bison sausages as well as kobe steaks, the bloody steaks cost a whopping $40 each, too expensive for me! lol

Going to send her to that butchers the stuff sounds good! She can pick me up some beer too the lazy cow!

Right then , the perfect classic tb cheeseburger (based on the TGI Fridays all time best burger)
This will make 4
Beef mince (ready done or diced by your butcher) in a big bowl

In a food blender , 10 Jacobs cream crackers
Wiz up to fine crumb
Add to beef
Add parsley (chopped )
Add Dijon mustard to taste
Add 1 egg

You can add chopped chilli at this point

Mix well with your hands and form one giant patty
Cut into 4 and flatten to ensure not too thick (twat it with your hand should suffice)

Then , I treat mine just like a steak at this point , cook on the hob in hot oil on a high heat , brown and flip once , add lots of butter and baste away. Brown the other side then pan in your pre heated oven and cook as a steak.

Lift , allow to rest and cool.
Toast your roll on the outside only , add thinly sliced onion and tomato and place on the bottom slice , place patty on top , Monterey jack square cheese slice on top , 3 red pickled jalapeno peppers , dollop of ketchup.

Perfection........

fook me , i'm salivating (wonder why)

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=287150&start=420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=287150&start=420</a>

pride in battle said:
buckshot said:
I don't eat hamburgers but I know enough not to put eggs or breadcrumbs in them, that makes them into meatloaf.

Add a little dried minced onion, salt and pepper and for God's sake don't make only 12 burgers out of 6 lbs of meat, those would be Flintstone burgers. Patties should be no more than 1/3 lb each and make a little indentation in the middle of each one to stop them from turning into meatballs while they cook.

It helps keep them flat and is nice for condiments. When you make big burgers on the grill they tend to get round like meatballs.

<a class="postlink" href="http://lifehacker.com/5781690/make-a-thumb-imprint-in-your-burgers-for-better-shaping-and-cooking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lifehacker.com/5781690/make-a-th ... nd-cooking</a>

buckshot said:
pride in battle said:
buckshot said:

It helps keep them flat and is nice for condiments. When you make big burgers on the grill they tend to get round like meatballs.

<a class="postlink" href="http://lifehacker.com/5781690/make-a-thumb-imprint-in-your-burgers-for-better-shaping-and-cooking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lifehacker.com/5781690/make-a-th ... nd-cooking</a>

Cheers :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.