Homemade hamburgers

You fucked up badly getting lean mince. Some people seem to think it's better but it isn't. It's healthier but hasn't got the flavour. You'll need to keep brushing oil on your burgers or they will come off the BBQ dry as a ships biscuit.

Didsbury Dave said:
You fucked up badly getting lean mince. Some people seem to think it's better but it isn't. It's healthier but hasn't got the flavour. You'll need to keep brushing oil on your burgers or they will come off the BBQ dry as a ships biscuit.

Who got lean beef? You mean the Kobe burgers? Extra lean beef will end up dry as fuck, especially if you overcook them.

Barcon said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Who got lean beef? You mean the Kobe burgers? Extra lean beef will end up dry as fuck, especially if you overcook them.

The original poster said he'd bought lean beef

Didsbury Dave said:
Barcon said:
Didsbury Dave said:

The original poster said he'd bought lean beef

Oops, you're right mate. That was me, I actually bought medium ground beef. I made a mistake.
They ended up being very good, by the time they were cooked they were a civilised size as well.

At least 20% fat in any burgers. Kobe burgers??? Absolute bollocks. Yanks have it on their menus and it isn't even proper Kobe. Nearly 200 quid a kilo for fillet (top graded) and just as much for sirloin, rump etc. They sell it as Wagyu Kobe ( 2 different breeds) and it's no where near the real McCoy. Meat of this quality shouldn't be used in burgers IMO.

paphos-mcfc said:
At least 20% fat in any burgers. Kobe burgers??? Absolute bollocks. Yanks have it on their menus and it isn't even proper Kobe. Nearly 200 quid a kilo for fillet (top graded) and just as much for sirloin, rump etc. They sell it as Wagyu Kobe ( 2 different breeds) and it's no where near the real McCoy. Meat of this quality shouldn't be used in burgers IMO.

My sister had a BBQ the other week and had some ridiculously expensive burgers. Her husband reckoned the butcher made them by mincing fillet etc. I watched her husband Cook them and it was heartbreaking as a foodie. He turned the BBQ (well outdoor gas cooker) down and didn't salt or brush oil on them. They came out grey, dry and tasteless.

He should have banged the heat on full, oiled and salted them up to fuck and served them pink in the middle. As it was they'd wasted £50 on about 12 dry burgers.

As an aside he then did the sausages on full heat so they were charcoal black all over. A further tragedy, although not as bad as the time he cooked scallops for about 20 minutes.

Didsbury Dave said:
paphos-mcfc said:

My sister had a BBQ the other week and had some ridiculously expensive burgers. Her husband reckoned the butcher made them by mincing fillet etc. I watched her husband Cook them and it was heartbreaking as a foodie. He turned the BBQ (well outdoor gas cooker) down and didn't salt or brush oil on them. They came out grey, dry and tasteless.

He should have banged the heat on full, oiled and salted them up to fuck and served them pink in the middle. As it was they'd wasted £50 on about 12 dry burgers.

As an aside he then did the sausages on full heat so they were charcoal black all over. A further tragedy, although not as bad as the time he cooked scallops for about 20 minutes.[/quote]

Oh dear, If I sear scallops more than 40 seconds each side, they go in the bin. People still have a natural fear of under cooked food. I serve pork loin and fillet slightly pink and it's amazing.

My mate (an ex butcher) and I bought a full ribeye (£30) from The Wing Yip on Oldham Street. We split it between us and I managed to get about 16 1" thick steaks out of my half.

Took it to my mates BBQ and although he overcooked slightly for my liking, it was still bang on. Went back for another piece 5 mins later and it had been well and truly dusted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.