Homeschooling during lockdown

Any tips on how to teach division to a 6 year old? Can do the sums but feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall trying to teach her how to work it out. Teachers advice.... leave it and try again later!

Anything of any use here mate?

Must be bloody hard with a 6 year old not having had basic division or multiplication taught in class by a teacher, and I'm moaning about the fucking Romans! Keep headstrong buddy.

The gap between Private education and Public never been clearer in my house. I have one kid age 11 at Manchester Grammar sat doing at least 6 hours a day really formal and interacting with teachers and i would say probably learning just as much as usual and getting homework etc and i have one at a public school in GCSE year who spent last Friday watching Finding Nemo at school and colouring in!

Great. Apparently I now need 5 eggs, vinegar, full fat coke and salt by 2pm. That ain't happening. Some fucker will have uploaded it to Youtube

Does all seem a bit mad. My girlfriend's daughter has been told they are going to read the Tempest! They cant read yet though, seems a pretty stupid thing to do. I dont think we looked at any Shakespeare until secondary

Any tips on how to teach division to a 6 year old? Can do the sums but feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall trying to teach her how to work it out. Teachers advice.... leave it and try again later!
Always find visual aids help best. Coins, sweets, anything.

Get your youngster to pick some toys and divide out the things between them. Will take longer, but once they get the basics they'll run through the rest with ease .

The gap between Private education and Public never been clearer in my house. I have one kid age 11 at Manchester Grammar sat doing at least 6 hours a day really formal and interacting with teachers and i would say probably learning just as much as usual and getting homework etc and i have one at a public school in GCSE year who spent last Friday watching Finding Nemo at school and colouring in!

They are the same thing?

Always find visual aids help best. Coins, sweets, anything.

Get your youngster to pick some toys and divide out the things between them. Will take longer, but once they get the basics they'll run through the rest with ease .

Could use fruit as well, apples, bananas. You can cut them up and breakdown it to simplest level of division and go forwards from there.

Currently failing as a parent (probably also as a husband), as a home schooling teacher (the days little one is at home) and as a worker.

I can't seem to balance them very well.

To be fair to our 4 year old, she obviously doesn't associate 'work' with being at home - why would she...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.