Homesick

We lived abroad for nearly 20 years, don’t think the yearning for home ever goes away completely but it does diminish. Get through the summer, you’ll probably be sick of the sight of visitors by September.

lived abroad for 20 years. But I moved around a lot when I lived in the UK so not really attached to any one place. The key is to look forward not backwards and find new friends and have new adventures. If you're not that sort of person then it's probably not for you.

People slag off the uk not op but people in general I’d love to move away etc. Anybody know what the % is who come back I bet it’s quite high

I got really homesick as I was stay at home while wife went to work. Trick is to fill your time so you don't think about it. I tried to avoid expat groups when we first moved to Germany but in the end found they kept me sane. Plus think of all the positives of living there in a few weeks when spring arrives Europe will be you back yard.

It depends on the circumstances at home really, if you have a young family and you have to leave to work away it's going to be tough but if you have no commitments it can be great and good life experience!

People slag off the uk not op but people in general I’d love to move away etc. Anybody know what the % is who come back I bet it’s quite high

I don't know about other countries, but nearly half of UK citizens that move to Aus on a permanent basis move back to the UK within 5 years.

I don't know about other countries, but nearly half of UK citizens that move to Aus on a permanent basis move back to the UK within 5 years.
I lived in Melbourne for a year and only felt homesick once. Christmas. Not a family homesick it just felt wrong putting up a Xmas tree wearing shorts and putting the turkey on a Weber. Would have happily stayed permanently

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.