Homophobia

pominoz said:
Jumanji said:
Homosexuality doesn't make sense to me from an evolutionary standpoint.

Man and women fit together by the bodies to make one!

That butt whole shite is unnatural and quite frankly repulsive to think about.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_an ... l_behavior</a>
Don't believe it. They dunno what they're doing.

Jumanji said:
pominoz said:
Jumanji said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_an ... l_behavior</a>
Don't believe it. They dunno what they're doing.
You sound confused.

Want to talk about it babes?

Aphex said:
AustinBlue said:
As someone who works with 120 foster and adoption agencies, with 17 years of data... I would like to point out that whatever your beliefs are.. The foster children placed with gay couples exhibit no different outcomes than those placed with straight couples. Every social worker I know, and I know well over 500, would say that gay couples not only make fantastic parents, but that gay couples are essential to the system. Because gay couples are taking the kids no one else will take. They don't care as much about the image of wanting a child who looks like them or is healthy and white. The gay couples take on more kids with disabilities and more kids with deformities. If you care about neglected and abused children, then you have to take a pro gay parent position.

17 years of data you say.. Is that enough to see the cause and effect?

I hear the arguements. Of course a child should not be but with families who will not care for them, that is adsurd, but would the child choose to be with gay parents?

Yes it is enough to see cause and effects. I have had a PhD on staff analyzing the data for 10 years, and we have a partnership with the school of social work at the University of Texas where a team is looking at the same data. The children that the gay parents are adopting would DEFINITELY choose to be with the parents they are getting. To be wanted and cared for, for the first time in their lives? If you have spent 5 minutes with these children you would know that you are posing a question that is just laughable to those in the field.

Jumanji said:

Then stop thinking about men having sex.

AustinBlue said:
Aphex said:
AustinBlue said:
As someone who works with 120 foster and adoption agencies, with 17 years of data... I would like to point out that whatever your beliefs are.. The foster children placed with gay couples exhibit no different outcomes than those placed with straight couples. Every social worker I know, and I know well over 500, would say that gay couples not only make fantastic parents, but that gay couples are essential to the system. Because gay couples are taking the kids no one else will take. They don't care as much about the image of wanting a child who looks like them or is healthy and white. The gay couples take on more kids with disabilities and more kids with deformities. If you care about neglected and abused children, then you have to take a pro gay parent position.

17 years of data you say.. Is that enough to see the cause and effect?

I hear the arguements. Of course a child should not be but with families who will not care for them, that is adsurd, but would the child choose to be with gay parents?

Yes it is enough to see cause and effects. I have had a PhD on staff analyzing the data for 10 years, and we have a partnership with the school of social work at the University of Texas where a team is looking at the same data. The children that the gay parents are adopting would DEFINITELY choose to be with the parents they are getting. To be wanted and cared for, for the first time in their lives? If you have spent 5 minutes with these children you would know that you are posing a question that is just laughable to those in the field.

To be fair, I'm posing a question that isn't laughable to many people who may agree with me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an activist on this, but it is preferable to me if homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt.

The stigma and general world view is not ready for it.

There was a good episode of The World's Strictest Parents with a gay American couple looking after two badly behaved Teenagers. They also adopted a few others and the Kids in their care were fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.