Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I just found this online, talk about old enough to know better, it's from a while back but ageing hooligans still battling, nuts. For anyone too young to be there scenes like this happened up and down the country most weekends.

See footage of that, it's mainly all bouncing around and arm flailing, running at and running away. Some Cardiff fella gets caught with a sucker punch from behind. It looks more like a chimp out at tea party gone wrong.

I have many traps and snares for cocky rags.i know more about their shitty club than they do,and prove it time and time again.
But only when pushed/provoked,when i am in the mood....
They all want to talk loudly about history...until i turn up,and decide to focus upon specific bits of their history..which they genuinely have no clue about.the shitty bits.got a long memory me.:)
Try asking them about when their home ground was Maine Road, or when the Rags had to use our old kits.

any1 remember derby county away last game of the season, got the train from Donny and when it got to Sheffield there was hundreds of city going to the game any way we got to derby and it was kicking off down a street and police didn't know what to do, stay with us off the Sheffield train or go down the street, that was until most city fans ran down the street to join up with other city fans, at the end of the game hundreds of derby fans came on to the pitch and came over to the city fans at the side of the ground and all hell broke out the walk back to the station was interesting as well

Yep , i was there .... that was a lively day!

As you say we had a large following there and some couldn't resist climbing over the fence to confront the Derby fans on the pitch.

I just found this online, talk about old enough to know better, it's from a while back but ageing hooligans still battling, nuts. For anyone too young to be there scenes like this happened up and down the country most weekends.

I think this quote sums up the bravery of your average brain dead shithouse football hooligan, who, almost 100% to a man, would run a mile from a 1 to 1 straightener.

"MacIntyre said: “They beat my wife up when she had a brain tumour. I’m here
to see justice done. I’ve been running for ten years and now enough is
enough.”

Thank god we normal football fans managed to chase these cowards out of our game.

I heard about the butcher complete with bloody apron and a cleaver on the pitch afterwards.

Old Trafford wasn't a good place to be that day .... i was stood in the United Road Paddock (or the old cantilever stand, visible on the top photo) , you could sense that crowd trouble was brewing throughout in the second half , and when thousands of rags invaded the pitch from the Stretford End i think the majority of the coppers just gave up trying to stop them, and stood to one side of the pitch .... so we saw a situation where hundreds of rags then just scaled the fences at the scoreboard end in an attempt to mix it with City fans , who had by now, all congregated in the nearby scoreboard paddock ... and with the City fans now loudly taunting them, and nobody to stop them, it was only a matter of time before the rags entered that section too , where it all kicked off with the City fans ..... and it really DID kick off too!

It's probably just as well that we didn't quite take the number of fans to Old Trafford that day that we did in subsequent years, or there could well have been a real bloodbath.

manchesterderbyApril742.jpg

34785650213_5455af79b5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Old Trafford wasn't a good place to be that day .... i was in the United Road Paddock (the old cantilever stand) , you could smell crowd trouble was brewing throughout in the second half , and when the rags invaded the pitch i think the cops just gave up trying to stop them .... so we saw a situation where hundreds of them scaled the fences in the scoreboard end in an attempt to mix it with City fans , who had by now, congregated in the scoreboard paddock ... and with the City fans now loudly View attachment 4117View attachment 4118taunting them, and nobody to stop them, it was only a matter of time before the rags entered that section too , where it all kicked off with the City fans ..... and it really DID kick off too!

One man stood tall that day......Mike Doyle. As they ran on the pitch a fair few went for Doyle who they hated.....he stood tall and backed them off with a steely stare and they thought better of it.

One man stood tall that day......Mike Doyle. As they ran on the pitch a fair few went for Doyle who they hated.....he stood tall and backed them off with a steely stare and they thought better of it.

Yep, he was never one to show any respect to United , was Doyley .. the guy was tough character, had nerves of steel , and his grandson looks to have the same 'steely' character and gritty determination to be a top player.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.