Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Lol, i recall going to Stamford Bridge in the 70's when Asa Hartford scored the only goal of the game towards the end ..... we had just about made it back to the coaches near the gasworks , when were suddenly surrounded by a fuckin' scruffy bunch of irate Chelsea yobs, about 30 strong .... two of them attempted to board our coach and they were doing alright too until Helen threatened to lamp one of them around the earhole with her bell , and they soon fucked off ..... mind you the rest of the mob didn't , they stayed there goading City fans and banging on the windows until the cops finally arrived on motorbikes!

Last edited:
Pretty sure some blues got sent down for this

Yep , they would have been , on that stretch of road its quite open , not many places to escape to .... but in that incident there are also a fair number of United fans involved , and one of them is waving a big stick too ... yet the cops completely ignore them and go after the City fans.

Yep , they would have been , on that stretch of road its quite open , not many places to escape to .... but in that incident there are also a fair number of United fans involved , yet the cops completely ignore them and go after the City fans.

Yeah the reds armed with weapons clear to see ?

Yep , they would have been , on that stretch of road its quite open , not many places to escape to .... but in that incident there are also a fair number of United fans involved , yet the cops completely ignore them and go after the City fans.
Not for that alone. Operation Omega was to break up the Guvnors. I was at court and it was a litany of various incidents but full or lies implicating individuals for things sometimes they had not done.

Yeah, killed to death.

One stand out game for me for carnage was Oldham away on Good Friday in the early/mid eighties.
Some pick pocket got proper battered on the corner terrace we were on.

The ladder going up in the stand opposite from the terrace up to the seats, those seats which were torn up and hurled at the dibble, think a female copper got ko'd from one. The huge ruck that went off in the Oldham end when they socred first (game ended 2-2, Kenny Clements was playing for them).

Oldham fans and the town in general getting smashed to bits, bedlam that day was.
Yeah I think we equalised with a Penalty, really hot day too
It was Chaos everywhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.