Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Got a good kicking over the road from the social club as we walked back to town alongside a crew of about 50 cockneys wearing diamond pringles

Received a 'congratulations you just met the ICF' card as well as a busted nose

Great days away using persil vouchers for the train

Coach trips tagging on to the Mayne Line (suited n booted to jib in)

Brighton away nicking a milk float & reinacting quadrophenia on the beach

Chelsea away - Jim Tolmie free kick - having fun up & down the Kings Road

Pompey - Simo lop - kicked to fuck all the way back to the train station

Newcastle away on the service - 60 of us having fun in Durham - we all agree Tolmie is better than Keegan - not that day got beat 5-0
Return service absolute mayhem with big grizzly geordies for about an hour

So many more happy days early 1980s through the 90s - many a new friend made on each trip - still see many from thi ,ose days in SS3
I was at those games. West Ham were drowning in Pringle like a load of golfers in Florida. Was at the Tolmie match and ended up at Paddington in a pub with another set of golfers chucking bottles at us. The cockneys were wallys like the brummies

Everton 88 QF league cup
Zulus birmingham 84
And can you believe 35 hardcore pie eating Wigan lads 99 outside the Sherwood, proper messy. They wouldnt take a backward step. Tough lads

Everton 88 QF league cup
Zulus birmingham 84
And can you believe 35 hardcore pie eating Wigan lads 99 outside the Sherwood, proper messy. They wouldnt take a backward step. Tough lads
First ever away game with mates aged about 12/13 was a League Cup night game 80 /81 Springfield Park
Bricks flying over concrete fence during the game
After the game 4 of us hammered in a chippy near the ground - asked for Chip Muffin instead of a chip barm

Sign of many away days/nights to come...

Everton 88 QF league cup
Zulus birmingham 84

I remember the Wigan lads outside the Sherwood. I used to walk back that way for the bus. I was at the game on my own and they came walking fast down a side street, no colours heading towards the Sherwood. My sixth sense told me they were a not friendly crew so I hung back as they picked up speed and they missed me, it was one of those nobody around moments, which seemed odd as the game hadn't long finished. A couple of minutes later the roar went up, bottles flying and it had kicked off, police running past. Funnily enough they all ran past me after the fight all hyper. There was only about 15 max and I was amazed they had the bollocks to start a ruck with so few numbers. I remember one very tall lad with a rockabilly haircut shouting, ," We fucking give it them!" to what I took to be their main man. The temptation to plant him was strong but I'd have been battered and I was pretty much out of all that shit by then.

Lol, i recall going to Stamford Bridge in the 70's when Asa Hartford scored the only goal of the game towards the end ..... we had just about made it back to the coaches near the gasworks , when were suddenly surrounded by a fuckin' scruffy bunch of irate Chelsea yobs, about 30 strong .... two of them attempted to board our coach and they were doing alright too until Helen threatened to lamp one of them around the earhole with her bell , and they soon fucked off ..... mind you the rest of the mob didn't , they stayed there goading City fans and banging on the windows until the cops finally arrived on motorbikes!
That was my first visit to the Bridge, no segregation on that big open terrace and just after Asa headed the winner (no celebrating, obviously) this Chelsea goon wandered past with a knife half out of his jacket pocket looking for City - first time I'd seen that at a match, shook me a bit tbh. Afterwards I was heading back to the coaches when up ahead Helen started laying into a couple of Chelsea lads with her brolly, fucking hilarious they didn't know what to do with an old girl giving them a slap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.