Hopes for the rest of the season

Horlocksleftpeg

Thought I’d bump this...

What do we reckon this season?

- 5pts clear at the top of the league with a game in hand and the only team I feel capable of mounting a challenge is effectively out of the picture

- League Cup Final v Spurs

- 1 game away from the FA Cup quarters

- 1 tie away from the CL quarters

I won’t mention the Q word but we have a very strong chance of doing another domestic treble this season, I feel

The league is the most important title for us this season and I’d be extremely disappointed if we didn’t win it from here.

The league Cup final is a one off game where anything can happen but our recent record at Wembley has been fantastic. Wigan seems a fairly distant memory now and can’t see us tasting defeat in this final either.

The FA Cup is 4 games from being won and there isn’t a team in the country who I would back to beat us at the moment, given our form, strength in depth and key players due to come back.

The CL is a free hit for me. I’d be ecstatic if we won but there are too many factors outside of our control which play a part. It’s inevitable that even if we won another domestic treble we would still be hit with the “not won the CL stick”

Thought I’d bump this...

- 5pts clear at the top of the league with a game in hand and the only team I feel capable of mounting a challenge is effectively out of the picture

I won’t mention the Q word but we have a very strong chance of doing another domestic treble this season, I feel

The league is the most important title for us this season and I’d be extremely disappointed if we didn’t win it from here.

The league Cup final is a one off game where anything can happen but our recent record at Wembley has been fantastic. Wigan seems a fairly distant memory now and can’t see us tasting defeat in this final either.

The FA Cup is 4 games from being won and there isn’t a team in the country who I would back to beat us at the moment, given our form, strength in depth and key players due to come back.

The CL is a free hit for me. I’d be ecstatic if we won but there are too many factors outside of our control which play a part. It’s inevitable that even if we won another domestic treble we would still be hit with the “not won the CL stick”
We could win it all, we have Kev and Sergio to come back as well, and of course Ake. I think you are correct about the CL has factors outside of our control not least UEFA and its favourite refs!!! But as usual 1 game at a time swansea next, lets get past them and hopefully keep this awesome momentum going.

We could win it all, we have Kev and Sergio to come back as well, and of course Ake. I think you are correct about the CL has factors outside of our control not least UEFA and its favourite refs!!! But as usual 1 game at a time swansea next, lets get past them and hopefully keep this awesome momentum going.
I know pep and the players take one game at a time but as a fan it’s hard not to get carried away ha!

I’d probably go as far as saying that a domestic treble is fairly likely. Only the FA Cup that isn’t within touching distance at the moment.

Thought I’d bump this...

I'd settle for staying up.

One cup final against Spuds in the bag whereby we will be favorites to lift it (5 in a row??)...

FA Cup game tomorrow whereby I would expect to bypass Swansea and progress to the next round...

8 point gap over United if we win the game in hand...

Champions League game against Borussia Monchengladbach whereby their hom advantage is in Budapest...

I'll take all 4 trophies.

As you were.

Three trophies from this position
I think so too.

Assuming we’ve got one hand on the prem (just about) were then 5 domestic cup wins from doing another domestic treble.

When you consider our strength in depth and form I don’t think it matters who those 5 games are against, there is nobody in England that can cope with us currently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.