horrible article

BlueSam

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/server.php?show=ConWebDoc.743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/se ... WebDoc.743</a>

Dont click on the link. Here is the article

Last night he was playing a key role for arguably the most creative football team the world has seen this century. He was doing so in the Champions League semi final, in one of the finest and most historic stadiums in the world. In front of 90,000 screaming fans and a (bored) global audience of millions.

Yet next season he’ll ditch all that for a half arsed battle to finish about 13th in the Premier League with Manchester City. Sammy Eto’o everybody!

Of course, the truth of the matter is that goal machine Samuel Eto’o isn’t remotely about to ditch Barca for Middle Eastlands, but that hasn’t stopped Manchester City waving their cash around like a chav lottery winner once again. If you believe the hype Eto’o is on his way to rainy Manc Town.

Apparently Manchester City and Barcelona officials met on Monday to discuss a possible Eto'o Man Citytransfer. Who these Barcelona “officials” were is not quite clear. Perhaps the City officials were just on an “official tour” of the Camp Nou when they asked the cleaning lady. Perhaps it was something more “proper”, but if it was, frankly that feels even more embarrassing.

The BBC this morning are reporting Mark Hughes has £40million to spend on the 28-year-old Cameroon hit man. £40million to bring him to City, to play for whoever replaces poor Mark Hughes in the summer.

Eto'o naturally is having none of it. Giving up Champions League football? In a World Cup year? In a World Cup year when the World Cup is in Eto’o’s Africa for the very first time? Behave.

“Of course I want to continue here, I'm very happy and see no reason to leave,” he told Spanish TV last night. “I'm going to stay to the end of my contract and if the club want me, I would like to stay longer.”

There is of course nothing wrong with Manchester City having ambition, but for the good of building the club to bigger and brighter things, surely it needs to be sensible.

Shay Given – there’s a good solid signing who will help the slow build to take City to mad new heights. Bellamy – perfect when he’s fit.

The likes of Sam Eto’o will surely one day come, but not if the officials show this utter lack of patience to become a European giant. City surely have to build first. Qualify for Europe first! It’s the only way…

Most biased piece of bile driven venom I've read since last week.

is the first one of the summer transfer window

I'm sure that there will be plent more to come before the 1st of September ------- WANKERS

Makes me laugh it really does.

Media makes up wild transfer rumour.
Club deny the link.
Media ignores denial and gets high and mighty about how we shouldn't sign superstars and should build the team sensibly, conveniently ignoring the fact that every player we've signed bar our top scorer has been 'sensible'.

The number of times I have read 'the way to make a successful team is to build slowly not by embarrassing yourself with frivolous bids for players' is ridiculous. People always forget that the players we have signed, not the one's we've been madly linked with, have been the likes of Given, Zabaleta, Kompany, De Jong....

Jealous me thinks!!! ha ha ha

If Eto'o wants to come great if not it is his loss, he might be at Barcelona but if he came to City it would be the first time he has played in front of loyal, hungry fans who have supported their club through all of the bad times instead of the prawn sandwich eaters that attend Barcelona games and have the footballing knowledge of sewer rat (or Man U fan).

'We are City, Super City, We are City from Maine Road'.

We are proud our club and always will be even after the money has gone.

masterwig said:
Makes me laugh it really does.

Media makes up wild transfer rumour.
Club deny the link.
Media ignores denial and gets high and mighty about how we shouldn't sign superstars and should build the team sensibly, conveniently ignoring the fact that every player we've signed bar our top scorer has been 'sensible'.

The number of times I have read 'the way to make a successful team is to build slowly not by embarrassing yourself with frivolous bids for players' is ridiculous. People always forget that the players we have signed, not the one's we've been madly linked with, have been the likes of Given, Zabaleta, Kompany, De Jong....

This, 100%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.