Horror Movies

Garden Of Edin

Hi guys, I'd like some recommendations for Horror movies, that generally scared you at a mature age.
I feel quite desensitized, and can only remember being scared by 'Friday the 13th' but I was very young.

I want a true Horror movie, no SAW/Hostel gore crap.

I'm open to any suggestions, from any time zone.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
A Serbian Film. Watch it at your peril.

I'd go so far as to say don't watch it. Very disturbing and I've seen Cannibal Holocaust !!

I'm a gore fan myself but I think I know what your getting at.

The films that have "spooked" me the most in the last 2 years have been the Paranormal Activity films. Really really good.

Audition

Seven years after the death of his wife, company executive Aoyama is invited to sit in on auditions for an actress. Leafing through the resumés in advance, his eye is caught by Yamazaki Asami, a striking young woman with ballet training. On the day of the audition, she's the last person they see. Aoyama is hooked. He notes her number from her file, calls her and takes her to dinner. He hesitates to call again, worried that he'll seem too eager. When he does, Asami knowingly lets the phone ring for some time before answering. She's alone in her darkened room - alone, that is, apart from the writhing victim she has tied up in a sack on the floor..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235198/

It's in Japanese but is truly scary as are an awful lot of original Asian horror films.
I can't think of an American re-make of an Asian film that has come close to capturing the horror of the original

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.