Hot water advice needed

BLUEYESTU

I’ve recently moved into a rented flat and there’s an Ideal Combi Boiler installed. It has all the necessary service history etc but I’m finding that as the weather gets colder I can’t seem to get really hot water. The dial on the boiler for water temperature is as high as it will go but even with the shower temperature on high it’s still not hot enough for me.
The shower runs off the boiler (it’s not an electric one) and in my old house I was able to take the side off the temperature tap and move a little dial further so the temperature could go higher, but this shower doesn’t seem to have that; it just has solid metal taps.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the temperature higher please?

Electric shower is the only option if all your settings on on high , my boiler takes ages to give me hot water so i use the shower, it heats immediately , just say i am no expert though

I’ve recently moved into a rented flat and there’s an Ideal Combi Boiler installed. It has all the necessary service history etc but I’m finding that as the weather gets colder I can’t seem to get really hot water. The dial on the boiler for water temperature is as high as it will go but even with the shower temperature on high it’s still not hot enough for me.
The shower runs off the boiler (it’s not an electric one) and in my old house I was able to take the side off the temperature tap and move a little dial further so the temperature could go higher, but this shower doesn’t seem to have that; it just has solid metal taps.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the temperature higher please?
Have you checked the pressure? Mine seems to take longer to heat the water if the pressure is very low.

Sounds like the boiler needs a new heat exchanger or replacing.

How old is it?

We had the same problem with our old boiler, struggling to get hot water out of anything in the end, so instead of replacing the heat exchanger part(s), we got a new one and it's great now.

Tell the landlord.

Turning the hot water tap flow down should increase the water temperature as the water flow over the heat exchanger is reduced. The downside is that it’ll probably take 10 minutes to fill your bath!! Reduce the flow.

im no expert but generally for my boiler i run 3 hours hot water and 3 hours of Floor 1 and floor 2 settings (radiators) and that give me hot water from 12 hours for the taps and bath. Our main shower is electric.

Is the hot water from the kitchen sink tap as cool as from shower? That’ll tell you if it’s the boiler (likely heat exchange) or if it’s the mixer thing on the shower. My recessed show mixer thing failed after a year or so because I brought dog wank products from Victoria Plum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.