Hotel breakfasts in the UK

I’ve got four cafes within walking distance* that’ll do a breakfast fry up (2 new ones in the last five years) and I’m hardly in a town centre. They’re always packed, too. Not for me though, I’m a Shredded Wheat fan.

*Most people seem to drive there, though.

Are they proper greasy spoons? I rarely see them nowadays it's all a bit sanitised.

we recently stayed in the Hilton on park lane for our anniversary and it was hands down the worst food and experience I have had in a hotel for breakfast

Sorry to say you were mugged off by a tourist trap hotel.

For that sort of money you could have stayed round the corner at The Wellesley - one of my favourite hotels - and still had a bit of change. Only has twenty or so rooms so you get personal service and … a butler. Has a great Jazz lounge as well and they’ll drive you to a west end show (used to be a roller now a 7 series) or somewhere similar for nowt so you arrive in a bit of style. Definitely a treat once in a blue moon for that special occasion but way better than any of that tourist shit on park lane.

Sorry to say you were mugged off by a tourist trap hotel.

For that sort of money you could have stayed round the corner at The Wellesley - one of my favourite hotels - and still had a bit of change. Only has twenty or so rooms so you get personal service and … a butler. Has a great Jazz lounge as well and they’ll drive you to a west end show (used to be a roller now a 7 series) or somewhere similar for nowt so you arrive in a bit of style. Definitely a treat once in a blue moon for that special occasion but way better than any of that tourist shit on park lane.
the whole thing wasn't great. we complained and got moved to a 2k a night suite...cig burns in furniture and carpets...defo won't ever go back. will take a look at the above

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.