Hotel Review Sites

markyboyblue

As I am going on holiday with my wife and kids soon. I decided to read some upto date reviews of the hotel we are staying at. We looked last year when we booked it and they were really good but now the reviews have gone pretty bad. Do any of you take much notice of these sites or is it mostly bollocks that is written on them?

As a side issue it says the rooms have a tv but you have to pay £14 (non refundable) for a remote control! We as Brits don't half get ripped off. What's next, paying for taps for your sink or paying for a mattress for the bed!

Kenney_The_Blue said:
I'd definitely take on board the reviews mate, obviously you can't make everyone happy but look at the majority.

Tripadvisor is the best to use.

That's the one we looked at. We are easily pleased though so should be ok, might just buy a load of cheap universal remote controls to sell when we are abroad!

Always use TripAdvisor but take into account who is reviewing... Is it a group of lads on a piss up/couple etc.

Also ignore best and worst 10% as it'll be people who have an axe to grind or friends of the owners.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187147-d283128-Reviews-Hotel_Perfect-Paris_Ile_de_France.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... rance.html</a>

I read them, and take in the info but half the time the negative ones are for the most ridiculous thing like at breakfast it was coffee sachets not filter, or as I read while looking for a hotel on an Island "the beach on the map looked 2-3 minutes walk, it was actually 10, very underwhelmed" and they marked the location as 1 star for that, obviously complaints about the room and state of the service I would take into account but I would urge you to read them fully not just the scores

Have a safe and great trip by the way mate

markyboyblue said:
As I am going on holiday with my wife and kids soon. I decided to read some upto date reviews of the hotel we are staying at. We looked last year when we booked it and they were really good but now the reviews have gone pretty bad. Do any of you take much notice of these sites or is it mostly bollocks that is written on them?

As a side issue it says the rooms have a tv but you have to pay £14 (non refundable) for a remote control! We as Brits don't half get ripped off. What's next, paying for taps for your sink or paying for a mattress for the bed!

Is it a RyanAir hotel? Don't yer pay extra for a door?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.