Hotels for the super rich

Indaparkside

Don’t usually watch these programmes but with going Chelsea yesterday the wife wanted to watch it so I thought ok then. Wow what an eye opener certainly puts my premier inn stays into perspective. It’s a two part series check it out really interesting to see how the footballers, music legends, and the general rich live While away it’s on catch up.

I've stayed in a few over the years and can confirm that at the end of the day, if you put aside all of the extras, then as long as a hotel has a comfy bed sometimes that's all you need.

It is interesting comparing this programme with the Cliveden one.

Cliveden no doubt thought letting the cameras in would give the brand lots of good publicity.

As far as I am concerned it’s been an absolute car crash of a programme.
Many of the guests are trailer trash nouveau riches with the behaviour of a hen party in Blackpool. The staff have been shown as incompetent, foul mouthed and unprofessional.
They didn’t have a room ready for a 3 pm check in. Were the guests offered a free drink by way of an apology? Nope.
The doorman treats everyone as his best mate. If I were paying those prices I’d expect a professional distancing and be called sir or Mr..

In comparison the other programme about the Corinthia hotel in London shows how hotels should be run. Obsessing about the lining up of tea cups and plates is a bit excessive but every aspect of that place is ultra professional.
I was disappointed to see Tom Kerridge’s blatant nepotism, getting his wife's sculptures in the dining room he’d just won the contract for.

It is interesting comparing this programme with the Cliveden one.

Cliveden no doubt thought letting the cameras in would give the brand lots of good publicity.

As far as I am concerned it’s been an absolute car crash of a programme.
Many of the guests are trailer trash nouveau riches with the behaviour of a hen party in Blackpool. The staff have been shown as incompetent, foul mouthed and unprofessional.
They didn’t have a room ready for a 3 pm check in. Were the guests offered a free drink by way of an apology? Nope.
The doorman treats everyone as his best mate. If I were paying those prices I’d expect a professional distancing and be called sir or Mr..

In comparison the other programme about the Corinthia hotel in London shows how hotels should be run. Obsessing about the lining up of tea cups and plates is a bit excessive but every aspect of that place is ultra professional.
I was disappointed to see Tom Kerridge’s blatant nepotism, getting his wife's sculptures in the dining room he’d just won the contract for.

Felt exactly the same about Clivedon, trying to cash in on THE wedding. Customers were a complete set of dicks. If that is the standard they cater for then it’s not for me.

I was surprised that the Corinthia went for Tom Kerridge and thrice cooked chips. Mind you they went the whole nine yards for his restaurant by completely gutting and refurbishing the whole lot. Didn’t like the sculptures. I do like the attention to detail it what sets it apart from the others. It was similar to watching the programme about Claridges that was on a while ago. They ripped a bathroom out to cater for someone who wanted a spa pool bath.

I've stayed in a few over the years and can confirm that at the end of the day, if you put aside all of the extras, then as long as a hotel has a comfy bed sometimes that's all you need.

Yep. I’ve stayed in a couple of nice hotels, but I just think it’s a bit of sham the way they’re priced. I’m more than happy with a hotel as long as the bed is as comfy as the one I’ve got at home. Clean, good location and a comfy bed. Save the money on other things for your trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.