House buying help

I'm waiting on searches coming back, seems to be the longest part so far. The conveyancers are shite with updates haha. My brother completes on his house on Friday it's been going on since March due to probate.

We had an offer accepted on where we are buying back in March too, albeit we had a sale fall through which then slowed things down. I think there's a backlog with searches at the moment.

Why does conveyancing take so frigging long? Genuinely interested in hearing from any solicitors because ours go to ground for days, you have to constantly chase and frankly I have no idea what they are doing?!

My colleague just bought a house from his father in law and but the conveyancing had taken a while which his solicitor blamed on the other parties solicitor slowing the process. At which point he reminded his solicitor both he and his father in law were using the same solicitor!

Shambles.

My colleague just bought a house from his father in law and but the conveyancing had taken a while which his solicitor blamed on the other parties solicitor slowing the process. At which point he reminded his solicitor both he and his father in law were using the same solicitor!

Shambles.

Lmao

Shambles.
Wow, serious risk of conflict of interest there!

Why does conveyancing take so frigging long? Genuinely interested in hearing from any solicitors because ours go to ground for days, you have to constantly chase and frankly I have no idea what they are doing?!

We are in the same boat. Its been 4 months now, chain of about 4 houses all done weeks ago, our buyers solicitors just taking the piss. It’s like they have done nothing for the first 3 months and decided to do things now. Our buyers are coming to me for updates because their own solicitors just ignore them all the time.

Got the estate agents involved yesterday and finally getting somewhere now. Didn’t realise the estate agents had much to do with it once they sorted the offers out. Suppose they will just want the completion to their their fees

We are in the same boat. Its been 4 months now, chain of about 4 houses all done weeks ago, our buyers solicitors just taking the piss. It’s like they have done nothing for the first 3 months and decided to do things now. Our buyers are coming to me for updates because their own solicitors just ignore them all the time.

Got the estate agents involved yesterday and finally getting somewhere now. Didn’t realise the estate agents had much to do with it once they sorted the offers out. Suppose they will just want the completion to their their fees
I’ve only ever had one good one and I’ve moved house a few times to put it mildly

If you are an accidental landlord then the 3% hit will be refunded if you sell your original home within 3 years. Gets messy over 500k and I think around the 8%

We’re two and a half months in and it’s still not done. There’s a land registry issue now for an extension. Building control are looking at it. Just a hitch hopefully.

Your situation sounds just like ours! We are midway through the fifth month now, and like you our estate agent has been a godsend. Solicitors are a unique bunch. They really don’t seem to like picking up the phone and speaking to people...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.