House hunting in Manchester and around..

SophieH

Looking for some advice on decent areas to buy a house. Now I've finally got enough posts to start a thread I thought I'd ask! Currently in Droylsden and have had enough of it. Maybe if I posted more I could have asked the question sooner ;)

We're looking for something up to £200k (could stretch a bit more for the perfect place). Probably South Manchester would be where we'd end up but I'm really hoping to avoid being next to sink estates (like we are now!) and the like. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Edited to add - we're not bothered about school catchment areas or anything like that as we don't have kids. TIA

this list is endless...Chorlton; Didsbury; The Heatons are all good. It depends how far out you would go. Places like Marple bridge; Bollington; Bramhalll; Poynton etc are good.

£200k doesn't stretch much beyond a 3 bedroom terrace in most of these places.

You need to specify your requirements in more detail

bananamilksheikh said:
this list is endless...Chorlton; Didsbury; The Heatons are all good. It depends how far out you would go. Places like Marple bridge; Bollington; Bramhalll; Poynton etc are good.

Won't get anything in didsbury or chorlton for that.

Reasonable prices in Prestwich, Whitefield. More for your money than sarf of the river. That's where I'd go but then again I do live in Salford.

SophieB said:
Looking for some advice on decent areas to buy a house. Now I've finally got enough posts to start a thread I thought I'd ask! Currently in Droylsden and have had enough of it. Maybe if I posted more I could have asked the question sooner ;)

We're looking for something up to £200k (could stretch a bit more for the perfect place). Probably South Manchester would be where we'd end up but I'm really hoping to avoid being next to sink estates (like we are now!) and the like. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Edited to add - we're not bothered about school catchment areas or anything like that as we don't have kids. TIA

Parts of Heaton Mersey are very nice , as are parts of Cheadle Hulme , and you could probably get something in either area for under that price .......

you'll struggle to get anything of note in Didsbury , Chorlton or Cheadle itself for that budget.

bananamilksheikh said:

Thanks, so far from what I've looked at Bramhall and Chorlton are areas I liked the look of. Like you say we won't get much for our budget really. We'd be happy with 2 or 3 bedrooms as long as the area is ok. All hubby cares about is being in a cabled area for Virgin and my main request is not having scrotes hanging around behind my garden like we get now!

For £200k you can do well in Audenshaw I think. Also the heatons. Dare I say Stretford but around the Longford park area so near to chorlton. Again Whalley range but somewhere off brantingham road again near to chorlton.

Parts of ashton, stalybridge, duckinfield etc have nice new estates with big house for that price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.