House Insurance

stony

I thought mine was a bit steep so I got another quote which was half of what I was paying.
I've just got off the phone to my insurance company and asked what the cancellation penalty was, because unless they could match my new offer, I was cancelling there and then.
As a result they agreed to match the other offer. Even though there are only 5 payments left, I've saved over a £100.
I should be pleased, but it means I've been overpaying the robbing bastards for the last 7 months. It just shows how they are preprepared to rip people off, if they think they can get away with it.

With annual insurance policies (i.e. not long term policies like Life insurance) it is always worthwhile to change every few years.

The Insurers don't think you are loyal and offer bonuses, they think you are too lazy to get comparative quotes, so increase your policy.

Benarbia said:
stony said:
Benarbia said:
Cheaper=crapper policy when it comes to house insurance hth

I've just got the same policy for half the price xoxo

Then you is one smart mofo, who's it with btw

The Pru, my bank(Barclay's) quoted me half the price I was paying so I rang the pru up and said if they can't match it I'm off, they matched it without quibbling.

I'm in the process of changing mine,got a quote from Churchill which wasn't far off half the quote i just recieved from my last insurer.

I look around once in a while and let my current insurer know what's out there...it usually leads to a lower premium. The other thing I have done is up my excess level from the minimum...you will be amazed how much the premium comes down. My way of thinking is, if my excess is £50 and I do £100 of damage...am I really going to claim for £100...knowing that they will up my premium the next year...so I upped my premium to about £150 and the insurer dropped my insurance premium by over 25%!

I also did the same for my car insurance...worked a treat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.