House Seller not Disclosing

mosssideblue

Moved house last week and yesterday the postman delivered a lot of paperwork from the solicitor, deeds, elect works certificates etc. Amongst them was a 10 year guarantee for underpinning works done in 2015. This was never disclosed by the seller and they even ticked no against any underpinning work in the property information form. My solicitor can take some blame in my eyes for sitting on this guarantee and not saying anything, but what recourse do I have with the seller as we would certainly not offered as much as we did for the house, if indeed we would have bought it at all. Any legal eagles out there give me any advice.

Had a homebuyers report, but not sure how that would reveal underground works.
May be worth investigating if surveyor should have been aware, im not a surveyor but there may be visible evidence of underground work and if not picked up surveyor may have been negligent? Good luck with it.

Sue them under the
Misrepresentation Act 1967.
You may be compensated or you can request to void the contract .
Seek professional legal advice urgently!
Your insurance premiums will be higher and you may struggle to sell on in future and could lose upto 30% of the value apparently!
Going to go down the suing route, but have no idea who decides for how much.

This was to be our final home, so wasn't anticipating selling on.

Just a nightmare at the moment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.