Housing

blue for life

House opposite me in Reddish basically a 2 up 2 down going on the market for rent at £1200 per month! What’s going on! Plus you have to put up with me living opposite. I hope this government can do something about housing!

RENT - that is the problem - keep building them but SELL them so so that £1200 pm is what it costs to buy. When a Govt and the press talk about a property ladder its NOT a ladder if you rent. Its only a ladder is you buy a studio flat move on to a 2 bed then a 3 bed and so on ........ a ladder works with incremental rungs not by stiffing you on one level with high rents that use so much of your income you can't save to get on the ladder

It’s ridiculous but also there are peoples expectations, everyone would love to live in the best area in a 3 bedrooom etc etc, but sometimes you have to start at the bottom and work your way up in less desirable areas, I can’t get my head round how banks won’t give people a mortgage for half of what they are paying in rent especially if they have proven rent record.

Many people have zero chance of social housing, can't afford a deposit or a mortgage and are stuck in the nightmare of the rip off private rental sector.
It's a national disgrace that both of the main parties have done fuck all about it for decades.
Cunts

Recently tried on several properties in Stockport and got outbid.

Then tried a shared ownership scheme and told I earn too much money.

As a single applicant not really sure what the way forward is.

Many people have zero chance of social housing, can't afford a deposit or a mortgage and are stuck in the nightmare of the rip off private rental sector.
It's a national disgrace that both of the main parties have done fuck all about it for decades.
Cunts
Don't blame the governments. We are the one's buying and selling houses. It's us that did it. Let's take some responsibility for once.

It’s ridiculous but also there are peoples expectations, everyone would love to live in the best area in a 3 bedrooom etc etc, but sometimes you have to start at the bottom and work your way up in less desirable areas, I can’t get my head round how banks won’t give people a mortgage for half of what they are paying in rent especially if they have proven rent record.
I work with younger people who rent in Didsbury, have German cars on lease, go on fancy holidays then wonder why they can't afford a deposit.

High rent and having to save for a deposit is nothing new.

Don't blame the governments. We are the one's buying and selling houses. It's us that did it. Let's take some responsibility for once.
Landlords too are responsible for part of the mess. When rents are controlled, they simply take the property off the market. See Rent Act 1977, repealed 11 years later due to shortage of rental properties.

Last edited:
But if more social housing was built then private rents wouldn’t be so high, its supply and demand. I only think they way around people buying more than one house is to increase the tax so much that it would be unviable, but then again many MPs are landlords so it won’t happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.